Afghan 'Atheist' Given Asylum

F

Flash Back

BBC News - Atheist Afghan granted religious asylum in UK

Hats off to the man - he is so enamoured with British life he is willing to do the worst thing a Muslim can do, reject his faith, to stay here.

Shame it has taken 3000+ ISAF lives, countless thousand Afghan lives and billions and billions and billions of British Pounds to achieve that level of stability in his home country.

It gives me a feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Let him prove it, give him a bacon sandwich!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

BBC News - Atheist Afghan granted religious asylum in UK

Hats off to the man - he is so enamoured with British life he is willing to do the worst thing a Muslim can do, reject his faith, to stay here.

Shame it has taken 3000+ ISAF lives, countless thousand Afghan lives and billions and billions and billions of British Pounds to achieve that level of stability in his home country.

It gives me a feeling in the pit of my stomach.
Makes me feel queasy as well. Lets face it 90% or more of Muslims will reject the more unpopular tenets of their faith as soon as no one is looking, so I don't put much faith in his lack off it. But if it means an end to living in a dust bowl full of stones and being given a council house, subsidised gas and electric etc., good luck to him. At least he isn't a hook handed, bomb making, hate preaching terrorist. Yet.

I had a Muslim girl friend a couple of years ago in hong Kong and although she wore short skirts and boob tubes, drank and smoked (I hated her smoking) and was having carnal knowledge of an infidel (me), she wouldn't eat pork, although she went down as often as my first Amstrad.

Makes me feel queasy as well. Lets face it 90% or more of Muslims will reject the more unpopular tenets of their faith as soon as no one is looking, so I don't put much faith in his lack off it. But if it means an end to living in a dust bowl full of stones and being given a council house, subsidised gas and electric etc., good luck to him. At least he isn't a hook handed, bomb making, hate preaching terrorist. Yet.

I had a Muslim girl friend a couple of years ago in hong Kong and although she wore short skirts and boob tubes, drank and smoked (I hated her smoking) and was having carnal knowledge of an infidel (me), she wouldn't eat pork, although she went down as often as my first Amstrad.
Same with a Jewish bird I used to date.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
so how's he going to swear his oath then? even the scout association demands you have some faith even if its only in the marshmallow fairy.

so how's he going to swear his oath then? even the scout association demands you have some faith even if its only in the marshmallow fairy.
Oath for what, he's only been offered asylum?

Anyway, if you're talking about Citizenship, for the atheists you don't have to say any Oath, you can say the non-religeous Affirmation of allegiance.

Life in the UK test for British citizenship | Practice tests, study guides and advice for the UK citizenship test | about your citizenship ceremony |

I know a few "muslims" who are atheist who for varying reasons keep it quiet. Being cut off by the family, friends and not ending up as toast seem to be the main reasons for keeping quiet about it. From what I understand being an atheist does not compute in islamic society. Those who make the leap (out of faith) have to have balls of steel. That is why I don't think this lad is joshing.

First it was declaring your love for the fellow man's anus for the African asylum seekers, now it's Atheism for the Muslamics.

Blimey, what next? Asylum for the electricity loving Amish?

My best guess is that his (obviously clued up) lawyer told him to do it.

Jef Leppard

War Hero
First it was declaring your love for the fellow man's anus for the African asylum seekers, now it's Atheism for the Muslamics.

Blimey, what next? Asylum for the electricity loving Amish?
We'll be over run with vegetarian Germans and articulate Australians before we know it....

Mattb

LE
Let him prove it, give him a bacon sandwich!
I like it!

Offer them a cup of tea as well, then it'll look like we're just being welcoming and not like a test.

From what I understand being an atheist does not compute in islamic society. Those who make the leap (out of faith) have to have balls of steel. That is why I don't think this lad is joshing.
I was having a great conversation with a WO1 in the UAE Army until getting to the bit about not having any religion and showing the "ATH" on my dog tag. Tumbleweed time...

The country will be over run with rabid Catholics who eat meat on Fridays.

Latest Threads