Afghan and India do some Bezzering

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by The_Seagull, Oct 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I read with some interest that Karzai has signed a strategic partnership agreement with Pakistans great rivals, India.

BBC News - Afghanistan and India sign 'strategic partnership'

Could it be that the Afghan government have finally had a titfull of Islamabads duplicity, are now looking at India to help prop them up, and annoy the Pakistanis?
  2. I would think India would be a more stable partner than Pakistan. They are certainly better resourced.
  3. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Way to make Pakistan even more schzio-paranoid about the "existential threat" that India supposedly poses.
  4. My irony meter just made an odd noise and reset itself. The Pakis* must be pretty bad if the Afghans can't stand them!

* am I allowed to say that?
  5. My enemy's enemy, is my friend
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I think in that part of the world it's more a case of 'my enemy's enemy is marginally less likely to stick a knife in me than my friend'.

7. Yes you are sir, and I cant stand them either, treacherous buggers.
  8. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

'Finally'? Since when have the Afghans and Pakistanis ever been friends? Even when the Taliban were in charge, it was hardly a lovefest. That Afghanistan was the only nation to vote against the admission of Pakistan to the UN in 1947. By contrast, they've always had a good relationship with India.