Afgan.. Why am I not surprised.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by oldbaldy, Oct 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

So Broon withdraws troops from Iraq so that they can be sent to the 'Stan.
  2. And from where would you hope to find these Soldiers Mr Brown, without reducing Recruiting and Retention?
  3. I'm stunned at this if it is true. I shouldn't be as most things this govt do don't surprise me anymore but still, they are taking the p!ss.
  4. i new it from the start.

brown is a cnut.
  5. I had presumed that this was the plan all along. One of the criticism of Iraq was that it took the attention of the armed forces away from Afghanistan and placed too few men on the ground to do the job. This seems like the logical move that most have been waiting for.

The issue is whether or not it should be us shouldering the burden and the role of our other NATO partners that are, arguably, not putting in the same kind of commitment that us and other members are.

Saying that though, I have seen it reported that having so many different nations involved was confusing the overall strategy and int sharing, maybe having a bulk under one command might ease that. I am sure thats another debate though.
  6. Maybe he will up the recruiting age again to 40 and let mongs join
  7. Do you mean politicians?
  8. Ha ha ha, i'd love to see them do a tour out there. I think funding for armoured vehicles and suchlike might get a slight boost if that were to happen! :lol:
  9. Some of the tw@ts came out to Kaf a few months back swanning around in shorts before minceing back to the VIP accomodation. they probably claimed traveling expensives.
  10. How do you refund "had to make small-talk with tristar crew"?!
    As if they don't already get paid enough as it is. The ridiculous thing is that they set their own salaries, so they can basically have however much they want.
  11. 307

307 War Hero

If the Canadians pull out of Afghan then things will get worse in helmand, panjwai and sha-wal-i-kot in Kandahar are still toppers with Talibs and it's the canucks scrapping with them up there and tying a few talibs down. To be fair to them, during my time the dutch were making quite a good contribution, we had dutch apaches come up in support of us a few times and dutch f-16s for CAS.
  12. Or put RAF Regt in the field! Can't PCSOs look after the wire at UK bases with the TA?
  13. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

They backtrack!

Piece is at the bottom of the Prince Charles article.
  14. And there was me thinking that the troops that came out of Iraq would be getting an all expenses paid beer girls and footy fest in the Carribean for 8 months.... :roll:
  15. :) Join the P.B.I. and you can be on a circle posting system, one tour Afgan one U.K. one ? .Well done Gordon. :) :) :)