Afgan etc earthquake

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OldRedCap, Oct 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Calling for help internationally.
    What's wrong with all those guys in the religious schools getting stuck in? Give them a taste of homes and lives destroyed before they go off suicide bombing.

2. Seem's that the earthquake struck the area where intel thinks OBL was hiding. One can only hope....

3. As far as Pakistan and India are concerned they should be able to sort their own mess out.

Any countries that can afford to finance a nuclear weapond programme needs no financial aid from me or from those who take my money in tax.

Every Pound sent to these counties is another they can spend on nukes.

4. Hmm........nice attitude lads

5. It's my attitude and has been for many years. Why should I give any financial aid to a country that can afford to develope nuclear weapons and the missiles to deliver them?

As a aside to this attitude, these are the same people who despise the Western way of life and everything it stands for, yet who do they turn to when they need help? Maybe we should just say "It's the will of Allah" and let then get on with it or suggest that this was Allahs way of showing his disapproval of the way they are interpreting the Koran.

6. Natural disasers are by default free of bias against religion or ethnicity. Which is more than can be said for the contributors on this string.

7. If you wish to refer to real bias then I suggest you look at the Moslem religion and its attitude to those who are not of its faith. Or to the bias against those who would leave the Moslem faith whose sentence is death.

The bias also extends to women who are treated as no more than possesions, with so called honour killings and tribal courts who can sentence women to be gang raped for the "Crimes" of a relative.

Maybe there is some bias for the Moslem hill people in Afghanistan who worship Allah but see nothing wrong in selling the poppy for opium to non believers?

If the leaders of the countries which have had the earthquakes care so little for life or for the masses who live in poverty in their lands, why should I? If they cared then the money they have been spending on their weapons of mass destruction could have been channeled towards their own people.

These people would kill Westerners in the name of their God and their religion yet are prepared to take our money which was earnt in a society that they despise and would destroy.

It's not that I am biased, it's just that I do not wish to support them when their own governments don't.

8. Just out of interest....
    How much financial aid did India/Pakistan/Afghanistan send to the US for the New Orleans flood relief?

9. Pakistan offered $1million dollars plus assistance from doctors and paramedics to the USA. India offered $5million.

10. You don't honestly think it was a natural disaster do you? 8O

11. Avian flu in Turkey. Herds killed to stop spread. Turkey is mainly Muslim country. Not too far from Afghanistan and others hit by earthquake. Idea - air drop the culled birds over 'stan as famine relief?

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Excellent, perhaps a few bacon sarnies to help those starving!
    I nearly wet myself!
    Perhaps this should be moved to the NAAFI!

13. Lets look at this then!

"If you wish to refer to real bias then I suggest you look at the Moslem religion and its attitude to those who are not of its faith. Or to the bias against those who would leave the Moslem faith whose sentence is death".

As far as I can gather, Christians are not as pure as the driven snow when it comes to persecution of other religions. During the first crusade, it appears that having lived in relative harmony with the Jews for a while, an army of Crusaders under Peter the Hermit took it upon themselves to massacre the said Jews in the name of God, in the town of Worms. Then there was the Catholic Indexing of several thousand manuscripts, which denied the freedom of religious expression for several centuries. The Spanish Inquisition captured and tortured thousands in the name of God. Onward Christian Soldiers etc....

The bias also extends to women who are treated as no more than possesions, with so called honour killings and tribal courts who can sentence women to be gang raped for the "Crimes" of a relative.

Fair point, can't argue with that.

Maybe there is some bias for the Moslem hill people in Afghanistan who worship Allah but see nothing wrong in selling the poppy for opium to non believers?

The demand for opium is a product of Western decadence. Full Stop. It's hip to be high, and the opium crop pays more than growing maize. Not all opium production goes into the veins of the rich and famous, some is diverted legitimately into pharmacuticals. The next time you scream for pain relief, shout in Farsi. You may get a freebie.

If the leaders of the countries which have had the earthquakes care so little for life or for the masses who live in poverty in their lands, why should I? If they cared then the money they have been spending on their weapons of mass destruction could have been channeled towards their own people.

Thus the West spends nothing on the Nuclear deterrent? The west started the idea of the arms race. India and Pakistan are engaged in a tit for tat escalation in the nuclear race. The west did the same during the cold war.

These people would kill Westerners in the name of their God and their religion yet are prepared to take our money which was earnt in a society that they despise and would destroy.

And the west does not rape these countries of natural resource and would not go to war in order to gain more?

It's not that I am biased, it's just that I do not wish to support them when their own governments don't".

Think

14. And there's silly old me thinking all that happened at least half a millenium ago. Can I invite you into the 21st century?

15. Why?, Muslims dont live in it? The 21st century is a purely Christian concept, being that the calendar you and I work on was devised by a Christian monk. You think I am harping on about the past? Islam has an even longer memory and they unfortunately tend to hold grudges longer than we do.