Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Affordable, yet presentable, watches

I was looking at these for a second/spare work watch. Got one today, half price at Argos at the moment, £14.99, and I'm pleased with it.

Setting the day and date didn't feel quite as smooth as my Seiko, and I noticed a bit of backlash setting the time, but I'm being picky there. It's very light, comfortable strap and the Lumibrite works well. Also, the second hand is in line with the marks as it ticks round - I have a "thing" about that!

I was looking at these for a second/spare work watch. Got one today, half price at Argos at the moment, £14.99, and I'm pleased with it.

Setting the day and date didn't feel quite as smooth as my Seiko, and I noticed a bit of backlash setting the time, but I'm being picky there. It's very light, comfortable strap and the Lumibrite works well. Also, the second hand is in line with the marks as it ticks round - I have a "thing" about that!
Ooh you and your things! When I peruse the jewellers windows it's s surprising how many of the hands and batons on 'high end' designer watches don't line up. I have a thing about it too.

endure

GCM

You've just cost me 15 quid ;-)

I hate you.

Last edited:
I hate you.

Yes, yes, quoting myself, bad form, blah, blah.

ETA:

Although not as much as I hated the strap. Now replaced, with either of:

strap1.png

or

strap2.png

Looking and wearing much better with either, IMHO.

Still trying to overcome my dislike of NATO/ZULU straps, mind.

Well . . . Goodness Me!! Talk about "disruptors" . . .

Spirit Men's Silver Mesh Bracelet Strap Watch874/0348

£16.99 each, or . . . 2 for £20 !!

2_for_20

Spirit Men's Silver Mesh Bracelet Strap Watch 0's Silver Mesh Bracelet Strap Watch 0

Not sure if the three little "chronograph dials" are mere cosmetic stick-ons, but by the number of control buttons, it seems it may have a proper stop-watch function?! and . . . cheap enough to buy an alternative strap.

I left a Question on the Argos web-page, asking if the three little "chronograph dials" are mere cosmetic stick-ons . . . and have just received the following response . . . :( !!

Hello RCT(V),

The chronograph dials are just cosmetic.

Hope this helps

Thank you for using Argos Q and A.
Answered by Beth

I left a Question on the Argos web-page, asking if the three little "chronograph dials" are mere cosmetic stick-ons . . . and have just received the following response . . . :( !!

Hello RCT(V),

The chronograph dials are just cosmetic.

Hope this helps

Thank you for using Argos Q and A.
Answered by Beth

Well spotted, a quick glance also shows a date window!

Well spotted, a quick glance also shows a date window!
I think @solomon88, the stylised "S" is just the (conveniently placed) "Spirit" manufacturer's logo?

I didn't - but, should have - asked about the function/purpose, of the buttons either side of the winder.

Latest Threads