Affordable, yet presentable, watches

jmb3296

War Hero
Not found it from a UK supplier, so wondering if it would attract a hefty premium from HMRC on import.
I think you will certainly catch vat. The currency conversion gives a price of around £350, so 20 per cent Vat is what another £70

at that mark up, if correct, I would be keen on finding a uk supplier and hopefully avoid the mark up

endure

GCM
I think you will certainly catch vat. The currency conversion gives a price of around £350, so 20 per cent Vat is what another £70

at that mark up, if correct, I would be keen on finding a uk supplier and hopefully avoid the mark up
Plus however much the carrier charges for clearing customs. Royal Mail charge £8. The other carriers charge more.

E2A There's a large domestic model only watch market in Japan. If this is one of them you'll have to import it.

The latest addition to my modest collection. The watch box containing the 15 watches arrived this morning, it's made by Wolf (of watchwinder fame) I got it for a steal at £90 delivered, when I registered it on their website for it's 2 year warranty I had a peek at their retail prices, this model is £239 plus shipping from the states, a bargain I reckon. As you can see I've rather a 'different' mix of watches.
Out of interest, what's the black and green watch in the bottom left corner of the big box? Looks vaguely like a submariner but with a flat bezel.

Out of interest, what's the black and green watch in the bottom left corner of the big box? Looks vaguely like a submariner but with a flat bezel.
That in actual fact is a very cheap copy of what is supposed to be some sort of military divers watch that a magazine called Eaglemoss were doing features on, if memory serves it was about a tenner.

Here we go, found it.

That in actual fact is a very cheap copy of what is supposed to be some sort of military divers watch that a magazine called Eaglemoss were doing features on, if memory serves it was about a tenner.

Here we go, found it.

They are CERTAINLY "affordable" . . . . and, with an encyclopedic knowledge of what those in obscure service branches, were wearing fifty years ago !! ;) .

Plus however much the carrier charges for clearing customs. Royal Mail charge £8. The other carriers charge more.

E2A There's a large domestic model only watch market in Japan. If this is one of them you'll have to import it.
Here you go mate, any use to you?

Seller quotes £34 shipping, obviously you've got VAT on top.

Recently started buying AVI-8, very good quality, interesting marketing and design. Both battery and mechanical. I received one for Christmas, one of the Hawker Harrier line, I have since aquired another three. The face has been designed to mirror some of the characteristics of the cockpit dials of the plane in question, Hunter, Harrier, Spitfire, Hurricane, et al. Price wise, extremely good value for money. Keep quite accurate time. I tend to avoid the "skeleton" style face, and focus on the traditional solid face.

I just picked up this one from The Bay, they are shutting their doors and heavily discounting. Got this one for the princely sum of $99 CAD.

PXL_20210403_152936829.jpg
PXL_20210403_152952352.jpg

Top row are AVI-8.

PXL_20210403_153526515.jpg

Recently started buying AVI-8, very good quality, interesting marketing and design. Both battery and mechanical. I received one for Christmas, one of the Hawker Harrier line, I have since aquired another three. The face has been designed to mirror some of the characteristics of the cockpit dials of the plane in question, Hunter, Harrier, Spitfire, Hurricane, et al. Price wise, extremely good value for money. Keep quite accurate time. I tend to avoid the "skeleton" style face, and focus on the traditional solid face.

I just picked up this one from The Bay, they are shutting their doors and heavily discounting. Got this one for the princely sum of $99 CAD.

View attachment 562288View attachment 562289

Top row are AVI-8.

View attachment 562290
I've been looking at AVI-8 for a few weeks now, having read the history behind this BLUE NYLON LIMITED EDITION . This is the one I'm edging toward.

Top row are AVI-8.

View attachment 562290
Often featured on one of the shopping channels, at very good prices.

Go for it, you will have no regrets. Excellent time pieces, all.
I was very close to buying the Help For Heroes special edition but as they were unknown to me, I decided against it. Wish I had now.
think I'm going to get the new Seiko Prospex Alpinist with the grey dial. I will order the bracelet that comes with the green dialed one as well.

Top row are AVI-8.

View attachment 562290
Thaks for the heads-up. I've been eyeing up an AVI-8 for a while now, but of they are getting wound up (pun intended) I'd best get my skates on!

Undoubtedly, my favourite watch, at the moment . . . for £20-00

Casio Men's Black Resin Strap Watch902/5873

Casio Men's Black Resin Strap Watch 0's Black Resin Strap Watch 0

Available for my "family jewellers" . . .

I was so attracted by the image/photo, I HAD to buy one . . . for only £15 . . . ;) .

Limit Men's Tan Faux Leather Strap Watch 316/5674

Limit Men's Tan Faux Leather Strap Watch 0's Tan Faux Leather Strap Watch 0

Note: It is so light, you could forget you are wearing it! When I took it to Timpsons for a new battery, I was surprised/disappointed, to see the "mechanism" is clearly that intended for a (smaller) ladies watch and is quite lost within the bigger (blokes') sized case. Still it makes a nice change :) .

Again, available for my "family jewellers" . . .

My absolute most favourite watch over the last twenty plus years . . . now £58-49 (See link below)

Discontinued at my "Family jewellers" some time ago, and deleted from the Timex site :( .

I have had two, and in total must have purchased another three, which were used as presents for appreciative family members :) .

Mens' Timex Expedition Alarm Chronograph Watch T45181

View attachment 520972

I had a "tidy-up", of how I keep/display my "affordable-yet-presentable-watches" . . . ;) . . . .

IMG_20210410_094058[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210410_093800[1].jpg
    IMG_20210410_093800[1].jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 6