Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Affordable, yet presentable, watches

endure

GCM
Here, save yourself some grief:

There are one or two rather nice watches on there. Pity I'm not in the market for yet another watch... :eek:

ArchieCat

Old-Salt
The Orient Ray 2 Black:

View attachment 552131

108 of your English pounds from Amazon.

41.5mm case diameter.

Orient F65 Auto/Manual wind, 22-jewel in-house movement

Locking crown with hacking

120-notch unidirectional bezel

Water resist 200m

Yes, it's a grey import so no warranty to speak of.

ETA: Orient is owned by Seiko Epson (which is separate from the Seiko watch division) and is one of the few non-Swiss watchmakers that make their own movements - so no, it doesn't lie like a cheap Chinese watch.

There will be a review in the next few days.

The review is up.

ETA: No it isn't. It appears to have been deleted for some unexplained reason.
DA9811C7-873F-43C2-8A23-4E4A61171A42.jpeg
Welcome to the Orient club! Been very impressed with my FEZAB004B0. 23 jewel 46J automatic keeps very good time. Date and second hand pointers could be a bit bigger though.
Currently £105 on tictacarea.com so not subject to duty or VAT.

walrusboy

War Hero
View attachment 552702Welcome to the Orient club! Been very impressed with my FEZAB004B0. 23 jewel 46J automatic keeps very good time. Date and second hand pointers could be a bit bigger though.
Currently £105 on tictacarea.com so not subject to duty or VAT.
I admire your stellar confidence and panache in being able to carry off a watch like that. It was only when I noticed the piano backdrop that I realised you must be Elton John....

Latest Threads