Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Affordable, yet presentable, watches

Fishsoxs

Old-Salt
This is probably the most apt thread for my question. I'm interested in the brand Undone as the watches can be customised/personalised to a degree. Has anyone any experience of the brand as to their quality?

Thank you.

This is probably the most apt thread for my question. I'm interested in the brand Undone as the watches can be customised/personalised to a degree. Has anyone any experience of the brand as to their quality?

Thank you.
A review here: UNDONE Watches Review: Unleash The Master Craftsman In You

They admit that they received a watch in return for the review, but claim that it is still an honest review.

Another (older) review here: Undone Watches - Hands on Review

As promised, my new Lorus field with the titanium case.

e3bb8ac5c5d9b9b3a752ba2778f6bff3.jpg

The strap is surprisingly good for the money (same as the watch itself): double layer nylon. Unfortunately it’s right at the last hole on my wrist, so it’s now on this...

c7274a2107178d199e5f6fb3c02667f1.jpg

It bigger than I expected. The forums all bang on about how these little field watches look lost unless you’re anorexic etc. Load of shiite, I’ve got 7.5” tradesman’s wrists and it’s fine.

Bloody hell, it’s really light.

(First NATO strap I’ve had: need to see how I get on with it.)

Sent from my iPhone

Was the original strap stitched on? Not sure from the photo. It's a single strap threaded through the bars on my non titanium version.

FHA

LE
Was the original strap stitched on? Not sure from the photo. It's a single strap threaded through the bars on my non titanium version.

Yeah, the original was a conventional “2 piece” with each half looped round it’s spring bars.
Your strap is like a single piece version of it, that indeed threads through and under.

(The material on the titanium’s original khaki strap also seems to be thicker than the grey one-piece on the other version.)

The version on yours might be thinner but that keeps it nice and low to the wrist (seeing as it adds a layer under the case.)

The NATO style strap I’ve added adds 2 layers under the case which does spoil the slimness a bit.

1485B952-CA54-403B-9F7D-8F2A380D5A99.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, the original was a conventional “2 piece” with each half looped round it’s spring bars.
Your strap is like a single piece version of it, that indeed threads through and under.

(The material on the titanium’s original khaki strap also seems to be thicker than the grey one-piece on the other version.)

The version on yours might be thinner but that keeps it nice and low to the wrist (seeing as it adds a layer under the case.)

The NATO style strap I’ve added adds 2 layers under the case which does spoil the slimness a bit.

View attachment 534484

Thanks, mine still feels very light, without the expense of titanium! Mind you, I'm used to the Seiko automatic with its cast iron flywheel.

My day-to-day watch is the Huawei Band 4 Pro - you can get it for about £30.

1610447269431.png

It's not the prettiest thing, but it receives messages from your phone, has GPS / an alright app for running, measures steps, Heart Rate, sleep and has a vibrate alarm to wake you up silently.

It also has a great function of 'Find phone' - when connected with bluetooth, it will set off an audible alarm on your phone if it's nearby / down the back of the sofa (even if on silent).

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
I want to wear my watches, but I probably should also be keeping a eye on my fitness. I read somewhere of an 'under watch fitness tracker' but so far my google foo has failed to find one. Has anyone any knowledge or experience of these things?

I want to wear my watches, but I probably should also be keeping a eye on my fitness. I read somewhere of an 'under watch fitness tracker' but so far my google foo has failed to find one. Has anyone any knowledge or experience of these things?
Like this?

I don't trust the look of them TBH - would be better just to buy a slim fitness tracker. Or the Skagen Hagen Connected smartwatch:

FHA

LE
Thanks, mine still feels very light, without the expense of titanium! Mind you, I'm used to the Seiko automatic with its cast iron flywheel.

Ironically, my latest purchase is the polar opposite to the little titanium beastie.
And automatic to boot (my first ever auto.)

172c64b540f75edb71c2d96b70e0dcec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Teg61

Old-Salt
Ironically, my latest purchase is the polar opposite to the little titanium beastie.
And automatic to boot (my first ever auto.)

172c64b540f75edb71c2d96b70e0dcec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone
Can’t go wrong with a Vostok, cheap as chips and almost bomb proof. I think there is a video on you tube of the Ruskies running one over with a tank!
I have had one for about 15 years now, never been serviced and still keeps good time.
1B9F59F4-E7E9-4959-9C8D-F1EBD99C101B.jpeg

Can’t go wrong with a Vostok, cheap as chips and almost bomb proof. I think there is a video on you tube of the Ruskies running one over with a tank!
I have had one for about 15 years now, never been serviced and still keeps good time.
View attachment 539671

FHA

LE

Saw that video after I’d bought mine (a “Komandirskie Classic 02” series.) Actually quite positive but he bloody loves them anyway.

992F13B7-9758-4A89-936D-3526AADED654.jpeg

It’s an like Amfibia SE 020 (same case, spec etc) pretending to be a Komandirskie.
15mm thick, so it sits high on the NATO band.
I’ve got a feeling it won’t be my last.

The last man on Arrse without an SNK80X finally buys an SNK806K2:

seiko_lorus.png

Pictured here next to the £14 Lorus on the £16 Sniper Bay Zulu strap.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Latest Threads