AfD Chairman severely beaten by hooded attackers.

Indeed your correct that electorate do have to shoulder some of the blame, this is something that I and many others on 'ARRSE' have been banging on about for ages, that said the political system and the professional political class, have encouraged such a disconnect. That this is changing and there is a growth of dissenting voices, who are not in some cases eloquent and nuanced in such dissent is then to be expected.

The long march through the institutions
The long march through the institutions - Wikipedia
Like.
Cut to save space.

I'm with @Werewolf on this one.

MPs of all parties have treated the public with contempt for years, assuming a patronising "We know best" attitude. Too many politicians appear to have never had real jobs and live in a little Westminster bubble, shielded from the public.

Now they have to gall to complain when we don't "respect" them...

They seem to have forgotten that respect has to be earned - many of them have done little to deserve it.
Have you actually watched the Soubry video?
And do you think she was treated in a reasonable, level headed and calm manner?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I think their is a place to be critical of politicians, on the streets.
Where would suggest would be ideal if not on the streets? Send them a harsh Tweet? Angry face on their Facebook page?

"Some Tories want to" does not mean "The Government wants to ".
It really doesn't.

And interesting to see you condoning bullying.

You're really not doing very well, are you?
Oh dear. Someone really should have bought you a copy of Democracy for Dummies as a Christmas present. And then found someone to read it to you:)

I will attempt to explain. In terms simple enough for even a cretin like you to follow.

Her Majesty's Government does not, indeed cannot, operate in isolation from it's own Party. You choose which Party to vote for, and it forms the next Government. If the MP's refuse to toe the Party line, then the democratic process becomes utterly worthless. Because HMG cannot deliver the party platform it was elected on in the first place. That's why all major Parties have Whips, to enforce discipline on the MP's when it comes to voting on the Party's policies. Unfortunately, that system has broken down when it comes to Brexit.

A sizeable percentage of Conservative MP's - remember, the Party we elected to form the Government - want either no Brexit at all or at least another Referendum on it. They have already helped Labour defeat their own Party twice this week alone. And will inflict one of the worst defeats in Westminster's history on May next Tuesday. The fact that PMTM is trying to carry out the will of the people as reflected in the Referendum, which she has a mandate to do after(just)winning a General Election, means nothing to the Remainers and other rebels. To Hell with what the people who elected them and pay their wages want. They will do everything in their power to cock-block Brexit until it's either abandoned all together or at the very least they get Referendum II: This Time it's Personal.

One of the most basic rules of Politics: don't stop asking the Question until you get the Answer you want. ;)

The only thing you've got right in your pitiful attempts to defend this pathetic bitch is that, yes, I very much do condone bullying. She and every other politician currently evacuating their bowels on the very cornerstone of our Democratic Process deserve to be subjected to the most violent and aggressive treatment meted out to Members of Parliament since a certain Mr Cromwell had a complete sense of humour failure. We elect MP's. We pay them generously and give them power and status the vast majority of us will never attain. In return, the very least we can demand is they respect our wishes, as expressed by Referendum and Election.

There's a joke among politicians themselves; "Politics is the second oldest profession. But it lacks the morality of the Oldest". Many a true word is said in jest. A working girl who took her clients money but refused to give him a Happy Ending would have a short and unpleasant career. The same applies to our so-called elected representatives. The difference is, I have a lot more respect for a good hooker than I do for the trash calling themselves MP's.

Last edited:
CCV footage is online

Have an informative. It looks like the one guy gave him an elbow smash to the back of the head to knock him off balance and then hit him over the head with his left hand. It's hard to say for sure given the quality of the video, but it does look like the assailant was holding something in his left hand which he used to strike him. There seems to be construction material stored in the alley, so we may speculate that he may have picked up a brick or piece of wood to use as a weapon. This would agree with the injuries we've seen.

There's a gap in the video between where we see them walking some distance behind him and where we see them come into view of the second camera already clobbering him. It is possible that the confrontation had already begun out of sight of the camera and we are only seeing the conclusion of it. This may account for the injuries to his face.

As the victim had serious injuries to his head, it is quite possible, or even likely, that he does not remember the events in question. This is quite common in cases involving head injuries.

It would have presented a rather interesting question of how the government and public would have reacted to this if he had been killed in the course of this assault.

In the UK, the 'Far Left' are apparently funded by trade unions.
But they are also more closely watched by undercover police.

The 'Far Right' do not receive trade union funding and are less closely watched by the secret police.
But those agents undercover in Far Right are probably more at risk of violence if discovered.

Watch the 'True Spies' documentary on Youtube.
It will explain more.
Oh, Christ. Not this p**swibble again.

For the love of God....

Oh dear. Someone really should have bought you a copy of Democracy for Dummies as a Christmas present. And then found someone to read it to you:)

I will attempt to explain. In terms simple enough for even a cretin like you to follow.

Her Majesty's Government does not, indeed cannot, operate in isolation from it's own Party. You choose which Party to vote for, and it forms the next Government. If the MP's refuse to toe the Party line, then the democratic process becomes utterly worthless. Because HMG cannot deliver the party platform it was elected on in the first place. That's why all major Parties have Whips, to enforce discipline on the MP's when it comes to voting on the Party's policies. Unfortunately, that system has broken down when it comes to Brexit.

A sizeable percentage of Conservative MP's - remember, the Party we elected to form the Government - want either no Brexit at all or at least another Referendum on it. They have already helped Labour defeat their own Party twice this week alone. And will inflict one of the worst defeats in Westminster's history on May next Tuesday. The fact that PMTM is trying to carry out the will of the people as reflected in the Referendum, which she has a mandate to do after(just)winning a General Election, means nothing to the Remainers and other rebels. To Hell with what the people who elected them and pay their wages want. They will do everything in their power to cock-block Brexit until it's either abandoned all together or at the very least they get Referendum II: This Time it's Personal.

One of the most basic rules of Politics: don't stop asking the Question until you get the Answer you want. ;)

The only thing you've got right in your pitiful attempts to defend this pathetic bitch is that, yes, I very much do condone bullying. She and every other politician currently evacuating their bowels on the very cornerstone of our Democratic Process deserve to be subjected to the most violent and aggressive treatment meted out to Members of Parliament since a certain Mr Cromwell had a complete sense of humour failure. We elect MP's. We pay them generously and give them power and status the vast majority of us will never attain. In return, the very least we can demand is they respect our wishes, as expressed by Referendum and Election.

There's a joke among politicians themselves; "Politics is the second oldest profession. But it lacks the morality of the Oldest". Many a true word is said in jest. A working girl who took her clients money but refused to give him a Happy Ending would have a short and unpleasant career. The same applies to our so-called elected representatives. The difference is, I have a lot more respect for a good hooker than I do for the trash calling themselves MP's.
So HMG isn't seeking to overturn Brexit.

Have you actually watched the Soubry video?
And do you think she was treated in a reasonable, level headed and calm manner?
I agree, no difference between Soubry and the AFD Chairman incidents. Its simply a window on people motivated enough, to act like selfish immature idiots.

If the AFD Chairman had half a dozen bodyguard in the back of a transit, or a passer by came to Soubry's defence and took a swing at one of the tough guys. I would have cheered either response, the only sadness is the media, would not have weighted the response equitably as they really aren't fair and balanced.

Or, as I once heard somewhere: "There's always love...Where there's no love, there's justice...Where there's no justice there's violence!"

Seems as if the AfD is fracturing.As a twist the new group will adopt the Blue Cornflower as their emblem.The historians among you will recall how this flower became the symbol of the banned Nazi party in 1930's Germany.

Controversial Alternative for Germany politician forms breakaway group with Nazi cornflower logo
I guess this might have had something to do with it

Mr Poggenburg was forced to resign as AfD regional leader in the state of Saxony-Anhalt last year over speeches in which he was accused of using “Nazi vocabulary”.

This is a normal stage in the evolution of any successful political party. At first they consist of a small group of true believers that form the core. As they grow they attract a lot of parasitic nutters, who often subtract from what the core is trying to achieve and attract a lot of negativity. If the fledgling party is to survive to maturity, it has to shed these fringe loonies and develop into something far more serious. I think this is where AfD is now. UKIP, on the other hand, never got past this stage and is dying under the weight of the parasitic attachments.

Interesting to note that the irony free yellow jacket protesters have harangue a woman, a weedy little guy and a person of colour.

But oddly, not six foot four Keir Starmer...

Has anyone actually been charged or arrested in connection with the AfD attack?
Mention was made a while back of the possibility of it being an internal disagreement that went kinetic...