AFCS

BACKGROUND: When deployed to remote location, became riddled with worms (internal & external). After getting told to use local medicine as directed we did (This was remote MO advice) the treatment failed. On return to home location we went for further treatment but this was similar to when deployed. Eventually 12 months later we sought proper investigation & we where giving medication we had to sign a waiver for due to its contents, some of us took a reaction and ended up in hospital our worms eventually was cleared up.

WHAT IS MY POINT:
1. The AFCS accept that the infection was caused due to service (Poor sanitation).

2.They however don’t see it falls into bracket of awards.

3.Has anyone been in similar circumstances Ect where they have appealed a decision & won?

WHAT WAS THE REFUSAL: The refusal was in our terms "We didn't go sick for mental health reasons " but they recognise it was the service fault

SUMMARY: We caught a Hackett infection which lasted for over 12 months with several avenues of treatment but it failed,We couldn’t be affectionate towards our partners & have to be extra cautious when utilising sanitation whether it be public or at home.It was the service fault we caught it which they admit liability.

Are we entitled to claim ?

ALL BANTS ACCEPTED BUT GENUINE ADVICE NEEDED, THANKS.

Last edited:
If you need advice there are plenty here to help, but you need to post sensibly so that we have a chance of understanding the problem.

What you’ve posted there is ridiculous.

BACKGROUND: When deployed to remote location, became riddled with worms (internal & external). After getting told to use local medicine as directed we did (This was remote MO advice) the treatment failed. On return to home location we went for further treatment but this was similar to when deployed. Eventually 12 months later we sought proper investigation & we we where giving medication we had to sign a waiver for due to its contents, some of us took a reaction and ended up in hospital our worms eventually was cleared up. We all had to go home and smash our misses inside out along with use gran & paps poop machine to spread the wealth. Out in spoons to share the worm patrol event via hand wash or lick toilet seat for the cause.

WHAT IS MY POINT: We where all advised remotely to go find a certain medicine to treat such an infection & this was done without blood tests & the treatment didn't work. When retuned to base upon further similar treatment was undertaken and also didn't work. When eventually one went to a different MO who done extensive integration it was decided what was wrong and then received more medication to treat which did however is had problems arise. We caught an infection that was failing to be proper treated due to location.

WHAT WAS THE REFUSAL: The refusal was in our terms "We didn't go sick for mental health reasons " but they recognise it was the service fault.

SUMMARY: We caught a Hackett dieses which didn't allow me to use my mates toothbrush in ma nanas toilet , What is the advice on the AFCS admitting responsibility but refusing candy for the cause due to the values of individuals willing to graft because a green shield isn't a option.

Did you buy the house though?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
BACKGROUND: When deployed to remote location, became riddled with worms (internal & external). After getting told to use local medicine as directed we did (This was remote MO advice) the treatment failed. On return to home location we went for further treatment but this was similar to when deployed. Eventually 12 months later we sought proper investigation & we we where giving medication we had to sign a waiver for due to its contents, some of us took a reaction and ended up in hospital our worms eventually was cleared up. We all had to go home and smash our misses inside out along with use gran & paps poop machine to spread the wealth. Out in spoons to share the worm patrol event via hand wash or lick toilet seat for the cause.

WHAT IS MY POINT: We where all advised remotely to go find a certain medicine to treat such an infection & this was done without blood tests & the treatment didn't work. When retuned to base upon further similar treatment was undertaken and also didn't work. When eventually one went to a different MO who done extensive integration it was decided what was wrong and then received more medication to treat which did however is had problems arise. We caught an infection that was failing to be proper treated due to location.

WHAT WAS THE REFUSAL: The refusal was in our terms "We didn't go sick for mental health reasons " but they recognise it was the service fault.

SUMMARY: We caught a Hackett dieses which didn't allow me to use my mates toothbrush in ma nanas toilet , What is the advice on the AFCS admitting responsibility but refusing candy for the cause due to the values of individuals willing to graft because a green shield isn't a option.

Did the worms teach you their patois?

Thats all a bit jumbled up, and confusing in some parts.

I think we get the gist, but sit down and re-write it as individual points with each point being numbered rather than as a long diatribe.

I feel that you are entitled to claim, even though you have recovered, after all the scheme does pay out for breaks and other fully recoverable injuries.

The problem appears to be that there is no tariff for what you have experienced and that’s where your problem lies. You have to get through the first level of bureaucracy where the peons at AFCS are essentially data entry and filing clerks.

There is a system where new tariffs can be introduced, it happened to me, but I wasn’t involved in the process, I was very lucky to have someone from BLESMA do it for me.

Speak to the RBL, they are probably the best outside BLESMA for dealing with this. Failing that you still have the option of going to court. Speak to a solicitor. Irwin Mitchell in Manchester are very good at dealing with the military. They were the ones that got payouts for the Kajacki guys.

As well as the RBL, consider contacting your MP, having a letter on House of commons paper will help concentrate their minds.

As well as the RBL, consider contacting your MP, having a letter on House of commons paper will help concentrate their minds.

I’ve told a few people to do that, but unfortunately because we are no longer headline news they aren’t interested.