AFCS witness statement

Hi all,
I have previously put a claim in and I've been requested to get a witness statement from someone two ranks above me, I have to prove that the rugby match i was injured in was authorised however after searching through my regiments orders and squadrons i can not find proof. it was the RE games so at regimental level, anyone advise on how to find proof of authorisation also on how a witness statement needs to be formatted for the afcs , thankyou

If it was official it would have been on Pt1 Orders. The orders should be recorded somewhere - Put in a Subject Access Request for 'Pt 1 Orders for XX Regt RE between the following dates'. Once you have the relevant entry, ask MoD for a signed statement from someone th at they are a true and accurate record.

That's just me thinking about it- there may be a formal channel for this sort of thing.

Thankyou for the reply , I have looked at orders for the dates however because the game was based at another camp and they ran the tournament I believe that may be why it isn’t in my regiments orders

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Pt 1 orders or you weren't on duty.

I hope i can find a solution if not otherwise they have screwed me, i did find orders on transport to the tournament would that suffice.

I hope i can find a solution if not otherwise they have screwed me, i did find orders on transport to the tournament would that suffice.

Unlikely, you’ll need the actual order stating the DTG and location of the game along with your name as those authorised to attend.

No one has screwed you. Take some responsibility.

Pt 1 orders or you weren't on duty.

IIs that the real legal position or something the MOD says? There have been plenty of occasions where people have been orally ordered to be on duty.

IIs that the real legal position or something the MOD says? There have been plenty of occasions where people have been orally ordered to be on duty.

AFCS only covers authorised sport, this needs to be evidenced.

AFCS only covers authorised sport, this needs to be evidenced.

I get that, but do they only accept Pt ones? It sounds something like one of those things the MOD says, like you must have your FMT on you to be insured in vehicle or your kit insurance should be used when the Army fucks up your property.
More than a few times soldiers have done sport at the last moment and not been on orders, usually when people originally on orders cant make it at short notice.

This is what the legislation says.

(5) Except where paragraph (6) or (9) apply, benefit is not payable to or in respect of a person by reason of an injury sustained by a member, the worsening of an injury, or death which is caused (wholly or partly) by participation in sporting activity as—

(a)a player;

(b)a referee;

(c)an organiser or a representative of a particular sport or sporting organisation.

(6) This paragraph applies where—

(a)the Defence Council have approved the sport or sporting activity as being a sport which enhances the fitness, initiative and endurance of members of the forces, and prior to the event, the relevant Service has recognised the particular sporting event and the organisation and training for it; or

(b)the sporting activity is approved by the Defence Council which is undertaken for the purpose of meeting and maintaining the physical standards required of members of the forces.

Latest Threads