AFCS Trinunal - Help and Advice

Good morning everyone.

Im really hoping someone can give me some help / advice.

I had my tribunal yesterday and it was absolutely horrible. My tribunal was because I appealed their decision for PTSD but when I was going through, it seemed like they were more concerned with the triggers that increase my symptoms rather than my symptoms themselves.

it’s been such a long road, I can’t wait for it to be over this stage but I can’t stop winding myself up thinking and overthinking that they’re just going to be like VetsUk trying to get out of giving me the right support.

It’s been 4 yrs and 11 months since I first saw a doctor but obviously it started well before then.

my initial award was level 14 due to time line of the initial claim and it’s taken this long for it to go to tribunal almost 3 years later or something like that due to COVID etc.

just wondering if anyone has any kind of assurances on how their tribunal went to put my mind at ease??

afterwards, RBL said he believes we should get level 10, very worst level 12. What’s your thoughts on RBL? Are they a good stear because of tribunal experience or should I take what they say with a pinch of salt??

dan_brown

War Hero
From my experience i was advised to get in touch the RBL, which i did. In this particular case, they kept me updated and represented me throughout. Come the day of my tribunal, i couldn't go through with it. I contacted my case worker and told them to call it all off as i couldn't face the questioning and having to recount events, ongoing issues etc - i was in a pretty bad place.

The RBL case worker told me not to worry, he will still represent me with what he has on me so far - i was awarded Lvl10, GIP etc. I was very pleased with this result and recommended the RBL to anyone and everyone!

A few years later, i had occasion to seek representation from the RBL again - i got nowhere. Unreturned phonecalls, emails etc. They stated they were too busy and not taking on new cases, they provided leaflets, weblinks, but said they could not send anyone to talk to or represent me.

I thought i had contacted Barnum's Circus by mistake, such was the complete and utter crap service i got from the RBL on the 2nd occasion.

I have no idea if things have changed for the better or worse, but that has been my own experiences.

Thank-you! That’s a massive help!

I don’t know you experience but dealing with VetsUK make me feel like I’m always having to be defensive!

when I went tribunal before it was adjourned for medical evidence and the RBL Rep then was shocking but the Rep I’ve had this time was like a breath of fresh air!

Fingers crossed

StressVet

Clanker
I did over 28 sessions of cbt and 12 sessions of EMDR from 2012 ,attended Combat stress inpatients couses for a week and also 7 weeks Occupational health therapy workshops and been on antidepressants since 2012.Can i now say my condition is permanent as it says on the legislation adequate duration of treatment is needed.I need your advises please

StressVet

Clanker
Good morning everyone.

Im really hoping someone can give me some help / advice.

I had my tribunal yesterday and it was absolutely horrible. My tribunal was because I appealed their decision for PTSD but when I was going through, it seemed like they were more concerned with the triggers that increase my symptoms rather than my symptoms themselves.

it’s been such a long road, I can’t wait for it to be over this stage but I can’t stop winding myself up thinking and overthinking that they’re just going to be like VetsUk trying to get out of giving me the right support.

It’s been 4 yrs and 11 months since I first saw a doctor but obviously it started well before then.

my initial award was level 14 due to time line of the initial claim and it’s taken this long for it to go to tribunal almost 3 years later or something like that due to COVID etc.

just wondering if anyone has any kind of assurances on how their tribunal went to put my mind at ease??

afterwards, RBL said he believes we should get level 10, very worst level 12. What’s your thoughts on RBL? Are they a good stear because of tribunal experience or should I take what they say with a pinch of salt??
Hey
just wondering how your tribunal went and hope you got your decision?

Hey
just wondering how your tribunal went and hope you got your decision?
Good morning,

I got my result yesterday via email. I got a good result which I am very pleased with. We went to tribunal asking for either Level 10 or 12. Because table 3 is all to do with time frames I was pre-warned by RBL that we have plenty of evidence etc for Level 12 but was a month short of having the same confidence with Level 10. I have been awarded Level 12.

I am very pleased with this because the tribunal hearing was tough and I genuinely convinced myself that it couldn’t have gone worse. RBL reassured me and believe me they have been my rock throughout.

I’m going to start another full session of treatment and then apply for an exceptional review at the end of treatment as advised by RBL.

Hands down I’d of pulled out of my appeal last year if it wasn’t for my wife and RBL supporting me. Always stick to your guns and believe in yourself and get what you deserve.

For me it’s not about the money it’s just about relieving that little bit of pressure of providing for my wife and kids.

Hope this helps or reassures u or anyone else!