AFCS RTA Injuries

Evening all, long time stalker first time poster...

I was recently on my way to work on my bicycle (on camp) and was hit by a service driver in a service hired vehicle transporting personnel from their accommodation to work. Pulled out of a side road and into me. Paperwork competed with the driver admitting fault.
After X-rays and an MRI it confimed I had a partially avulsed fragment on my right humerus head, a fracture.
I have no been down graded for an initial 6 months post my 56 days of light duties.

Quite aware of the AFCS stance on compensation wrt commuting to work unless it can be proved it was caused by the service.

In essence I was covering a duty for that week, albeit not called in. I was also cycling to work which forms part of my routine exercise regime...

online AFCS form filled in and sent off.

has anyone had a incident like this before? I like to think it’s straight forward and it was caused by the service.... hit by a service driver in a hired service vehicle transporting personnel to work.... all evidence sent off including accident and mt report.
Just want to gauge people’s opinions or experiences, if any are close to what my situation is....
Thanks

I was driving along an MoD owned road in front of the Depot on the way in one morning. Approaching to pass the maingate on my left, my intention was to turn right a bit further on and park in the Sqn car park. I noticed a wagon parked at the junction coming out from the maingate and as I was about 50 feet away from the junction the wagon pulled out in front of me. I hit it, wrote off my MGB Roadster*. Long and short, it took some kerfuffle, but the MoD paid up. Just keep on at them. I actually went to see army legal services about their tardiness in paying up. The lawyer told me he could not represent me against the army, but made a phone call on my behalf.

Note: * MGB's fit very nicely under the rear of MK's so that the MGB windscreen just hits the bottom of the tailgate as the MGB bumper hits the rear wheel of the MK. New underwear almost needed.

In essence I was covering a duty for that week, albeit not called in. I was also cycling to work which forms part of my routine exercise regime...

This is the legislation that applies

From what it provides it doesn’t appear you can claim a benefit from AFCS.

A straight forward insurance claim is the way ahead. You’ll probably get more anyway.

I was driving along an MoD owned road in front of the Depot on the way in one morning. Approaching to pass the maingate on my left, my intention was to turn right a bit further on and park in the Sqn car park. I noticed a wagon parked at the junction coming out from the maingate and as I was about 50 feet away from the junction the wagon pulled out in front of me. I hit it, wrote off my MGB Roadster*. Long and short, it took some kerfuffle, but the MoD paid up. Just keep on at them. I actually went to see army legal services about their tardiness in paying up. The lawyer told me he could not represent me against the army, but made a phone call on my behalf.

Note: * MGB's fit very nicely under the rear of MK's so that the MGB windscreen just hits the bottom of the tailgate as the MGB bumper hits the rear wheel of the MK. New underwear almost needed.
Cheers for the reply. Was this sorted locally though or through AFCS?

Have you got PAX? If so @PAXBloke might be able to assist

I had absolutely fvck all to do with this :)

Afternoon all. Just had an email saying my file is in the final stages and is awaiting the final decision being authorised - is this positive? Also, if anyone knows is this a relatively quick process?

I see some claims take a lot longer, I consider myself lucky that it’s already on the final stages - I guess maybe because I did it online and it’s a straight forward case?

Latest Threads