AFCS PTSD appeal

Hello,

I've just received my decision letter from Vets UK about my PTSD claim. To say I'm fuming is an understatement. I've been awarded Item 5, Level 13. £6k for a wholly service-related (Herrick events) that has resulted in a medical discharge as well as leaving me a shell of the man I used to be.
I have a few questions that I'm hoping the knowledgeable amongst you could help with.
1. Even though it's an interim award, can I still appeal?
2. The descriptor says functional limitation or restriction at 26 weeks. 26 weeks from when?
3. Should I lawyer up?

Thanks

3. Yes.

Also, saafa and combat stress should be able to give you guidance on what else you can do. Contact them, and listen to what they tell you.
Not something SSAFA will get involved in as it's outside their remit and experience, but if you need wider assistance they may be able to help. Combat Stress may be able to help or advise with your PTSD and may have some people who are aware of AFCS but again, it's not their area of expertise.

Firstly contact veterans uk and ask for information on the appeals process then speak with TRBL.

https://assets.publishing.service.g.../file/733182/Appeal_Form_-_online_version.pdf

RBL - Find Answers

How do I challenge an Armed Forces Compensation Scheme Decision? - Turn2us

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/afcs-tribunal.190657/

If you, or anyone else what's advise on the Armed Forces Compensation scheme then I'm happy to help in anyway I can, I fully understand the legislation in place so feel free to contact me on the email address I have set up afcskickedintheballs@gmail.com

DPR.
@afcstriedtested,

My bold.
That is quite a claim. What legal qualifications do you have?

Not trying to bust your balls on this but, if I were you, I would clarify whether I was fully qualified to give advice.

Hello,

I've just received my decision letter from Vets UK about my PTSD claim. To say I'm fuming is an understatement. I've been awarded Item 5, Level 13. £6k for a wholly service-related (Herrick events) that has resulted in a medical discharge as well as leaving me a shell of the man I used to be.
I have a few questions that I'm hoping the knowledgeable amongst you could help with.
1. Even though it's an interim award, can I still appeal?
2. The descriptor says functional limitation or restriction at 26 weeks. 26 weeks from when?
3. Should I lawyer up?

Thanks
LAWYER UP

PM sent

If the amount of compensation for the Tariffs are raised do
As it happens, no I'm not a solicitor, not as yet that is.

Currently I'm only an Accredited legal representative, whom works on behalf of solicitors both in criminal and civil case.

It'll be another year at least before I qualify as a solicitor. that being said, I am still able to offer advice in the above regard in both from a personal and professional capacity.

It is may intention, once qualified, to open a practice that acts for veterans, currently a veteran can only have a reasonable chance of success in civil court with a ptsd claim if negligence is a factor, I'd very much like to change that.
Don't want to bust your balls but what do you do for your fellow veteran?
It’s a laudable aim, but can you really provide that kind of service?

As it happens, no I'm not a solicitor, not as yet that is.

Currently I'm only an Accredited legal representative, whom works on behalf of solicitors both in criminal and civil case.

It'll be another year at least before I qualify as a solicitor. that being said, I am still able to offer advice in the above regard in both from a personal and professional capacity.

It is may intention, once qualified, to open a practice that acts for veterans, currently a veteran can only have a reasonable chance of success in civil court with a ptsd claim if negligence is a factor, I'd very much like to change that.
Don't want to bust your balls but what do you do for your fellow veteran?

Without wanting to sound ungrateful for your contribution.
You are the equivalent of a sprog in training dishing out advice with an added dragons den style future business proposition to change the world

I reiterate to the OP Lawyer up.

Good advice in AFCStriedandtested post but better to have a solicitor running the collection and collation of evidence and issuing advice and actioning requirements rather than stumbling through it yourself

Without wanting to sound ungrateful for your contribution.
You are the equivalent of a sprog in training dishing out advice with an added dragons den style future business proposition to change the world

I reiterate to the OP Lawyer up.

Good advice in AFCStriedandtested post but better to have a solicitor running the collection and collation of evidence and issuing advice and actioning requirements rather than stumbling through it yourself
The law does not respect experience. An inexperienced lawyer can easily make a valid argument so that a judgement goes their way and they quite often do.

The law does not respect experience. An inexperienced lawyer can easily make a valid argument so that a judgement goes their way and they quite often do.
Thats a bold ******* statement, while it may have an element of truth I think I'll be sticking with an experienced legal professional rather than the week one trainee

Are you in the midst of an Erin Brockovich delusion

Thats a bold ******* statement, while it may have an element of truth I think I'll be sticking with an experienced legal professional rather than the week one trainee

Are you in the midst of an Erin Brockovich delusion
You crack on the fella and pay through the nose for it, there’s no harm in getting some advice off this guy and if he can help with the legal process then even better.

You crack on the fella and pay through the nose for it, there’s no harm in getting some advice off this guy and if he can help with the legal process then even better.
Pay peanuts, get monkeys

Lawyer up @Akes44

If the the wrong medical grading was given, or a failure to downgrade somebody already suffering from mental health issues which resulted in deployment and further exposure would be grounds for appeal for example.