AFCS interim, likely outcome?

I've been awarded a level 13 interim award and it will be reviewed in a year. I go to Med board next week with a strong inclination I will be P8.

From experience, does anyone have an idea if interim payments normally go up or stay the same? (I know it's a bit of a generalisation).

Thanks.

potcivi

Clanker
Unfortunately I can't help as I am in the same boat as you. I was awarded a 10 with a 2 year wait out to see if I'm still suffering at the 5 year point before they up it...

I have my review at the end of the year! Post on how you get on I'd be interested to know...

Unfortunately I can't help as I am in the same boat as you. I was awarded a 10 with a 2 year wait out to see if I'm still suffering at the 5 year point before they up it...

I have my review at the end of the year! Post on how you get on I'd be interested to know...
As the length of time you are allowed to appeal a decision is limited, I'd be interested to know if this applies when awarded an interim award. If it does that seriously hinders any chance of challenging veterans uk's decision!

If your awarded an interim don't worry about the time to appeal as during this temporary decision you cannot appeal until AFCS/WPS have made a final decision so you'll have plenty of time to appeal it

If your awarded an interim don't worry about the time to appeal as during this temporary decision you cannot appeal until AFCS/WPS have made a final decision so you'll have plenty of time to appeal it
Great, so I suppose you can point out where in the legislation it says this? I'd also appreciate it if you could point out where in the legislation it informs just how long veterans uk can maintain a temporary award without changing it to a permanent one as it appears in some cases at least* that a temporary award is as long as a piece of string!

* See here:

4 year interim award, AFCS delays and what happens next? | Army Rumour Service

U

UPnUNDER

Firstly you need be clear are you referring to a" temporary award" or an "interim award"?
Temporary award is covered in article 26 of the legislation
Interim award is covered in article 52, 2 years with the possibility of a further 2 year extension if the prognosis is still unclear.
You cannot ask for a reconsideration for either until you are given a final award. Article 53 (2)

Firstly you need be clear are you referring to a" temporary award" or an "interim award"?
Temporary award is covered in article 26 of the legislation
Interim award is covered in article 52, 2 years with the possibility of a further 2 year extension if the prognosis is still unclear.
You cannot ask for a reconsideration for either until you are given a final award. Article 53 (2)
I know the legislation very well thanks, can you explain why an interim award is allowed to run past the time stated in the legislation despite the prognosis being very clear (as explained in the link)?

U

UPnUNDER

You asked to be pointed to the legislation that stated you have no right of appeal until you have been given an award, which is what I gave you.
The only thing I would suggest is that you contact your case worker and ask for an update. My Interim period ran over by 6 months, after being fed excuses I finally put a complaint in, my award arrived 2 weeks later.

You asked to be pointed to the legislation that stated you have no right of appeal until you have been given an award, which is what I gave you.
The only thing I would suggest is that you contact your case worker and ask for an update. My Interim period ran over by 6 months, after being fed excuses I finally put a complaint in, my award arrived 2 weeks later.
Read post 6, you'll see I was questioning the assertion by Stokie Outcake that you have plenty of time to appeal an interim or temporary award. THAT is what I was asking for, a link to where it said so in the legislation, hence the link to the thread about someone being on an interim award for 4 yrs and still going strong!

Contact my case worker, don't make me laugh. I've had several in the 7 years I've been fighting the veterans agency and they rarely reply with an answer to what they're asked but will supply an answer to a question you didn't raise or provide a non answer. Hopefully, it comes to an end next month at my second tribunal.