AFCS interim awards level 11 to 12 explain

I have received a letter from AFCS I will be getting £16,000 lump sum and level 11 GIP. £11.000 a year. I have a interim award with 2 year review.

If I didn’t get GIP my lump sum will be much higher according to the table of illness caused by service.

My question is after the review at 2 years can they lower me to level 12 for example where GIP no longer gets paid do payments or is it 1 of them policies were you will just stay on that payment and can only go up.

or is this a massive scam the army do, because what I have suffered with the last 2 years I will not settle for total if £35k.

Level 11 Tariff - £15,965
Level 12 Tariff - £10,300

You don’t receive more for a lower tariff.

Your thinking appears flawed.

Last edited:
Ok it’s so confusing, I have been awarded £15.965 lump sum and I have been given GIP which is £10,091 a year.

So does that mean I get.

£15.965 lump sum

£13,750 (gip) lump sum

£10,091 a year

The letter doesn’t explain that much. Please see attached

Cheers for your reply also I appreciate it.

BobbHope

War Hero
It's difficult to be definite without seeing your award letter but agree that you have been awarded Level 11 lump sum @ £15965. Then 30% of your annual wage as GIP (back dated to the date of your claim, so maybe a lump sum of arrears).

You could be awarded less on your 2 year review but nothing would be taken back from you that has already been paid.

Don't look at this as the end of the story. Be patient, take the emotion out of it and collect all the medical evidence that you can to support a higher award.

The AFCS Articles (the law) are HERE . I've been through these in detail and I'm happy to help if you want. Maybe PM if you don't want to make too much detail public.

Ok it’s so confusing, I have been awarded £15.965 lump sum and I have been given GIP which is £10,091 a year.

So does that mean I get.

£15.965 lump sum

£13,750 (gip) lump sum

£10,091 a year

The letter doesn’t explain that much. Please see attached

Cheers for your reply also I appreciate it.

No, you get £15,965 lump sum for a level 11 tariff.

It sounds like the £10,091 is your GIP.

What is your age?

30 year old.

Therefore to work out your GIP they took your final salary and multiplied it by the factor for your age (1.094) The Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation Scheme) Order 2011

Then they calculate 30% of that total to give your your yearly GIP.

I take it you will be in receipt of a medical discharge pension?

But here’s the rub, your GIP is abated by your pension amount. So if you receive £9,000 pension you would receive £9,000 as pension and £1,091 GIP.

It is tax free, but you have to call veterans who will then inform equinity paymaster that you are entitled to tax free.

Don’t call the general enquiries number. Call the office for your area.

I’m only getting lump sum tier 1 pension, do they take that into account or is it just for tier 2 3 pension monthly payments , I’m i even gonna get GIB with tier 1 pension, however my pension was settled pen 1 (forecast) before I claimed for AFCS so they should if known this.

Your pension is separate from your compensation.

Have you been told you are receiving a lump sum for your tier 1 pension?

Your pension is separate from your compensation.

Have you been told you are receiving a lump sum for your tier 1 pension?
Yes I get tier 1 lump sum of pension within the next 6weeks my last day of service is next week.
I know if you get tier 3 pension you get monthly payments for life and that clashes with your gip, however does a lump sum Prevent you from getting GIP payments?

Yes I get tier 1 lump sum of pension within the next 6weeks my last day of service is next week.
I know if you get tier 3 pension you get monthly payments for life and that clashes with your gip, however does a lump sum Prevent you from getting GIP payments?

No. You will receive your tier one lump sum, your AFCS lump sum and your 30% GIP.