AFCS Award for PTSD. Looking for advice

I am looking for advice with my Claim to AFCS. I was awarded intrim level 13, it was finalised at level 13, which i appealed, i have submitted all sorts of evidence which seems to just be ignored. i submitted new evidence before my appeal. vets UK asked the tribunal to upgrade to level 12, i now have to ask Vets UK to reconsider using the latest evidence from my Consultant Psychiatrist stating that my PTSD is permanent, showing the functional, physical and social limitations, basically everything in the AFCS legislation Descriptor that they look for.

Im 4 years down the line now with this can see it being another 2 years before its sorted. its major stress dealing with them and times are shocking to deal with stuff. it just seems they like ignoring medical evidence and there opinion matters over what your submitting. Its like jumping through hoop after hoop.

Is anyone in same boat with vets UK

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sadly Veterans UK will take you to the wire. My advice is ensure you have a good lawyer, and hold your nerve. My son finally got his settlement 7 years after being wounded, atrocious behaviour on their part and don't be surprised if it goes to the 6/7 year stage. They are shockers.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Was your sons Claim for PTSD?

There just a nightmare. to deal with. they dont want to pay anything out or admit theres an issue. if you dont tick the box then your onto plums.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Was your sons Claim for PTSD?

There just a nightmare. to deal with. they dont want to pay anything out or admit theres an issue. if you dont tick the box then your onto plums.
Yes, it was. They were outrageous and but for the lawyer they would have ground him down.

What lawyer did you use.

if you dont mind me asking, What was his award etc.

Can you pm me some info on what your son submitted medical wise, any tips for dealing with Vets Uk.

Thanks

What lawyer did you use.

if you dont mind me asking, What was his award etc.

Can you pm me some info on what your son submitted medical wise, any tips for dealing with Vets Uk.

Thanks
Sorry, just picking this up. Had a social media sabbatical over Christmas!
See your in box.

Sorry, just picking this up. Had a social media sabbatical over Christmas!
See your in box.
Hi

Please could you also forward me this information please. I’m currently going through this joke of a system and need all the help I can get.
Thanks again

Last edited:
Hiya buddy,

I’m currently level 10, my tribunal was postponed for more evidence from a consultant psychiatrist to agree permanence now at the end of March. They have Denis sciatica which I have now appealed as requested by the judge to do so... oh and I’ve been waiting since 2013, I’ll let you know how it goes, perhaps you will too? I was in Afghan aged 19, valon man.

Hiya buddy,

I’m currently level 10, my tribunal was postponed for more evidence from a consultant psychiatrist to agree permanence now at the end of March. They have Denis sciatica which I have now appealed as requested by the judge to do so... oh and I’ve been waiting since 2013, I’ll let you know how it goes, perhaps you will too? I was in Afghan aged 19, valon man.
Hi sorry pal. I only understand parts of this.

Latest Threads