AFCS APPEAL TRIBUNAL

Thanks brother. Will keep you updated, called yesterday to be told they need to have 3 agreements etc... spoke to my RBL rep who suggested that someone’s probably not sent in there agreement yet (I bet we can all haz a guess as to who that may be...) always here or pm if you need a chat, there’s only so much searching you can do on a forum looking for answers...hope.
Praying it won’t be a long wait for you mate, none of this is fair, the wait, the errors, the back and forth and then more years have passed.

As I said, hopefully it will be this week I hear the results. And will let you know, and also, more importantly how long the whole process is from being awarded to the compensation landing and all backdated timescales.

All the very best!
Thanks alot pal.Vets Uk have contributed in making our conditions worst than when we were in service trust me.The are institutionally breaking us using the legislation in there advantage.And thanks alot for you kind regards pal you are the kind needed here to atleast give some kind reassurances.If i may ask what treatment did you have since diagnoses please?

commachio36

Clanker
Thanks alot pal.Vets Uk have contributed in making our conditions worst than when we were in service trust me.The are institutionally breaking us using the legislation in there advantage.And thanks alot for you kind regards pal you are the kind needed here to atleast give some kind reassurances.If i may ask what treatment did you have since diagnoses please?
I had PTSD symptoms in 2010 after tour but at the time didn’t know anything about it. I was taken into hospital the next day and was an outpatient with the PRU unit. Had EMDR and CBT starting in January 2011 and was in and out of those fortnightly for 1 an a 1/2 years. Med board in 2011 for PTSD. Left it a while and finally put a claim into AFCS after loosing my civi job halfway through 2012 due to the condition, combat stress wanted me to attended group activities first for a 8 week period, and learn to eat better such things like pomegranate seeds and nuts... I’m sorry but eating better does not remove the intrusive thoughts and feelings and all the negative socially damaging and destructive behaviours that a PTSD vet goes through daily. I left and never went back, I was told that you have to take a victim as you find him, that if someone has issues going to group activities or appointments, that can’t be used as against them. I then tried CMH in the local area and they wanted me to stop taking certain meds that interfered with EMDR!!! Get fucked!!! Ok let’s drag up all the painful memories and not have medication to control it when he leaves! They would not care less if I then went into a bank after and emptied the underground vaults. They don’t admit liability for dangers from taking someone off medication, and the consequences of that. Then why go down that road...
It’s been a long road, unable to hold down any job, don’t go out much, dropped of the radar for a long while, as vets uk began to drag there heels over my award, reviewing it year after year as unable to make a decision. I put the claim in 2012 and my award wasn’t finalised until 2018 which I immediately appealed to the tribunal. Not reconsideration. Straight appeal. The dither and delay. Even now they are still dithering about submitting a response to the judge. I was appealing level 10 now with a 7 page psychological consultants report at the request of the judge, which I paid for, fingers crossed that’s enough. If not then I will bring Operation Herrick to Norcross and flip them upside down. I am sick of them.

If it’s not a just and fair result, I will be using my powers for an exceptional review, which you can bring in a 10 year period after the final award decision, which would end in 2028, for me, it’s there for vets who’s condition gets worse or another condition presents because of the first. In my case has got worse, since 2018 and is only going to get worse as I age. These people are sick.
Remember that.

Speak soon Brother

I had PTSD symptoms in 2010 after tour but at the time didn’t know anything about it. I was taken into hospital the next day and was an outpatient with the PRU unit. Had EMDR and CBT starting in January 2011 and was in and out of those fortnightly for 1 an a 1/2 years. Med board in 2011 for PTSD. Left it a while and finally put a claim into AFCS after loosing my civi job halfway through 2012 due to the condition, combat stress wanted me to attended group activities first for a 8 week period, and learn to eat better such things like pomegranate seeds and nuts... I’m sorry but eating better does not remove the intrusive thoughts and feelings and all the negative socially damaging and destructive behaviours that a PTSD vet goes through daily. I left and never went back, I was told that you have to take a victim as you find him, that if someone has issues going to group activities or appointments, that can’t be used as against them. I then tried CMH in the local area and they wanted me to stop taking certain meds that interfered with EMDR!!! Get fucked!!! Ok let’s drag up all the painful memories and not have medication to control it when he leaves! They would not care less if I then went into a bank after and emptied the underground vaults. They don’t admit liability for dangers from taking someone off medication, and the consequences of that. Then why go down that road...
It’s been a long road, unable to hold down any job, don’t go out much, dropped of the radar for a long while, as vets uk began to drag there heels over my award, reviewing it year after year as unable to make a decision. I put the claim in 2012 and my award wasn’t finalised until 2018 which I immediately appealed to the tribunal. Not reconsideration. Straight appeal. The dither and delay. Even now they are still dithering about submitting a response to the judge. I was appealing level 10 now with a 7 page psychological consultants report at the request of the judge, which I paid for, fingers crossed that’s enough. If not then I will bring Operation Herrick to Norcross and flip them upside down. I am sick of them.

If it’s not a just and fair result, I will be using my powers for an exceptional review, which you can bring in a 10 year period after the final award decision, which would end in 2028, for me, it’s there for vets who’s condition gets worse or another condition presents because of the first. In my case has got worse, since 2018 and is only going to get worse as I age. These people are sick.
Remember that.

Speak soon Brother
Mate my condition is just the same as yours honestly.I have been symptomatic sine 09 and didnt get diagnose by a consultant uptil 2012,and since then i put in my claim which was denied cause by service but tribunal eacepted it cause by service in 2017.Going up a level which i fear deserve is a no for afcs and honestly there reasons for saying no are just unaceptable and you can tell they just make decision deleberately wrong.I have had full course of cbt and Emdr in service and combat stress in patient and outpatients Occupational therapy to help me reconnect again with civi life but didnt work last year i completed a 22 sessions of TF CBT again and still feeling like day one of the problem.I have got them alot of document which they didnt submit to the tribunal as part of my bundle which made the panel not able to reach a decision of permanency and ask vet UK to review my case again giving benefit to the docs which were not summited at the time of the tribunal.No they have all in front of them am waiting for the sh**t they will be comming back with.Do you know how long a file stays with the MA's before comming back out to the case workers?

commachio36

Clanker
Mate my condition is just the same as yours honestly.I have been symptomatic sine 09 and didnt get diagnose by a consultant uptil 2012,and since then i put in my claim which was denied cause by service but tribunal eacepted it cause by service in 2017.Going up a level which i fear deserve is a no for afcs and honestly there reasons for saying no are just unaceptable and you can tell they just make decision deleberately wrong.I have had full course of cbt and Emdr in service and combat stress in patient and outpatients Occupational therapy to help me reconnect again with civi life but didnt work last year i completed a 22 sessions of TF CBT again and still feeling like day one of the problem.I have got them alot of document which they didnt submit to the tribunal as part of my bundle which made the panel not able to reach a decision of permanency and ask vet UK to review my case again giving benefit to the docs which were not summited at the time of the tribunal.No they have all in front of them am waiting for the sh**t they will be comming back with.Do you know how long a file stays with the MA's before comming back out to the case workers?
It’s hard to tell brother but from my case the judge ordered a psychological report. I did that and sent it to the courts and vets UK they had by order 6 weeks to respond before the tribunal and shockingly they did with a week to go and there MA from Vets UK wrote a pathetic 3 paragraph response which only had a few lines in relation to the Psychological report. They were reprimanded by the judge for it. I would say 6 weeks but could be longer as the circumstances are different for you. Yours is after a tribunal, and may fall into the reconsideration terms which is 12 months but I would write up a long (2/3) pages of how it’s effecting you and could they speed things up based on these severe circumstances. Also if you have not done so, go to another psychiatrist consultant level and ask for an assessment again, detailing permanence. Do these things and it will only help you, record everything and get everything in writing.
I wish you all the justice in the world my friend, we have all bled for this country in more ways than one. It’s time they reconcile our loses and respect those that have given all for them to be able to live in a reasonably safe nation. God bless.

I saw a psychiatrist end June who wrote my condition will be affecting me in the longterm as i have been symptomatic for over a decade and didnt respond to treatment too.He only recomended changing my medication from sertraline to Venlafaxine which is causing me alot of side effects at the moment and believe i willl have to come out of them soon cause of the dizziness.Most of vets UK MA's are not mental health trained and ahouldnt be assessing claims for mental health as there decisions are just toooooooooo wicked for the conditions and there symptoms.I have lost 3 x great jobs since i left service all due to anxiety and disassociation and lack of motivation for going to work,constantly feeling exhausted and fedup,lost my Family all due to my conditions.And vets UK still dont care until you finally drop.

commachio36

Clanker
We sound exactly the same... I wonder how many more there are that are felling like this and being dealt with like this, considering I was told there is a massive backlog of cases. And yes, the MA’s know exactly what they are being paid for and for who’s agenda.
Always remember if you need to talk you know where I am.

We sound exactly the same... I wonder how many more there are that are felling like this and being dealt with like this, considering I was told there is a massive backlog of cases. And yes, the MA’s know exactly what they are being paid for and for who’s agenda.
Always remember if you need to talk you know where I am.
You are so right pal and thanks alot will keep intouch cheers.

commachio36

Clanker
Hey Mate, it landed in my email this morning. I’ve been awarded level 6 from a level 10. Absolutely over the moon, I only pray and hope your’s comes in soon for you. And that it is justice for you, now I guess the times starts ticking, I think vets UK have up to 6 weeks but will update you when I know more.

God bless and stay strong

Ooooo waw thats a wonderful news mate you absolutely deserve it pal am just sooo very happy for you,now you can move on with your life atleast.Thanks alot for the update pal

Mosquito

Clanker
... I wouldn’t be surprised if once I have found out the decision they take the full 6 weeks to release compensation that is 9 years overdue...
Good luck peeps with your cases.

C36 - after winning my tribunal last year, it took Vets UK (Norcross) ten days to process my back payment and Vets UK (Glasgow) 3 months to process their back payment. The latter was the bigger amount and, apparently, they had to get authorisation from some central government department to ok the payment.

GreatDane

Clanker

C36 - after winning my tribunal last year, it took Vets UK (Norcross) ten days to process my back payment and Vets UK (Glasgow) 3 months to process their back payment. The latter was the bigger amount and, apparently, they had to get authorisation from some central government department to ok the payment.
Although my appeal was a war pension one it has taken since April 2021 to get any contact with vets uk, eventually received a letter from them saying ok we owe you caa from nearly five years but won’t be making any payment due until middle of September as my pip overlaps the caa. I understand that they have to check no overpayments, I should charge them interest if any payments are due.

commachio36

Clanker

ahhh don’t say that

No, thanks for your experience mate... Will update.

StressVet

Clanker
Any news brother?
Sorry Pal it took a while to reply to your last message,not been very well but thanks to God am ok now.I am still waiting for vets UK to review my file but also appealed the tribunals decisition as they made quite few errors in there decision.I hope to hear from both vets uk and tribunal soon.I file has been With the MAs at vets UK for just over 5 weeks now so i hope it wont be any longer now.Hope you been sorted too by vet UK now?

Latest Threads