Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

AFCS APPEAL TRIBUNAL

Hi all,

Ive been currently waiting 5 months into my appeal for PTSD , I was awarded level 10 after a multitude of events which caused my mental health to deteriorate. AFCS acknowledged this in October and I’m yet to hear a thing back yet.

Im on the verge of declaring bankruptcy due to not being able to work due to my condition and covid. I’m confident I will win my claim as my evidence is overwhelming, although I’ve just been advised I could be not be seen by a tribunal until the end of the year.

Any advice on the wait for a tribunal date or whether declaring bankruptcy before my appeal is worth doing.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Ive been currently waiting 5 months into my appeal for PTSD , I was awarded level 10 after a multitude of events which caused my mental health to deteriorate. AFCS acknowledged this in October and I’m yet to hear a thing back yet.

Im on the verge of declaring bankruptcy due to not being able to work due to my condition and covid. I’m confident I will win my claim as my evidence is overwhelming, although I’ve just been advised I could be not be seen by a tribunal until the end of the year.

Any advice on the wait for a tribunal date or whether declaring bankruptcy before my appeal is worth doing.

Many thanks in advance.
Any chance you've picked up the phone and requested your tribunal is expidited on compassionate grounds?

Bankrupty can have unimaginable impacts the insights I've read and should generally be a last resort, when it comes to creditors etc you can always string them along or explain circumstances, generally people are quite understanding, as @MoleBath said a charity is free and will have had seen similar cases and offer quite good advice as well.

Bankruptcy I'm sure you know what the implications are!

Any chance you've picked up the phone and requested your tribunal is expidited on compassionate grounds?

Bankrupty can have unimaginable impacts the insights I've read and should generally be a last resort, when it comes to creditors etc you can always string them along or explain circumstances, generally people are quite understanding, as @MoleBath said a charity is free and will have had seen similar cases and offer quite good advice as well.

Bankruptcy I'm sure you know what the implications are!
I requested early interim review last year, they didn’t even respond.
Their phone lines do not direct you anymore it’s all via email as I’m sure they’ve had enough of the same issues.
I’ve sent numerous emails explaining my situation, I’ve attempted to take my own life 3 times since 2019 alone and this was completely mugged off so I’m sure that bankruptcy won’t play any part.
I’ve spoken with the RBL and he just said it’s just the way things are with veterans UK.
It’s vile, but that’s me going off on a tangent.
Creditors have been advised and they’ve helped for the last year or so, this is the end of the line for me now.

Unfortunately you won’t be awarded anymore than level 10... unless you use a private solicitor. The levels above 10 are permeant mental disorders which need to be proven to be permeant, As in every type of medication, therapy and so on has been tried and you still suffer with symptoms after. Very hard to get above 10 level. It’s a joke, my consultant psychiatrist said it’s impossible to ever get over complex PTSD it’s only manageable with treatment.

Unfortunately you won’t be awarded anymore than level 10... unless you use a private solicitor. The levels above 10 are permeant mental disorders which need to be proven to be permeant, As in every type of medication, therapy and so on has been tried and you still suffer with symptoms after. Very hard to get above 10 level. It’s a joke, my consultant psychiatrist said it’s impossible to ever get over complex PTSD it’s only manageable with treatment.
I know that we are on different pay schemes but evidence gathering as has already been mentioned is extremely important. In addition take a close look at the rules and guidance they are meant to follow including the medical handbook.
My Tribunal was last week and although extremely tough I had my wife with me to help when brain fog came,which is due to the amount of pain and crazy pills I take.
Prepare a full written response to there evidence and submit it to the tribunal, I even managed to get the judge to order them to type out the medical report written on me.

Stay with it and get the help you need financially from the charities out there don’t forget your own regimental scheme that you paid into.

Hello, how long after a successful appeal at AFCS Tribunal before you get a payout ?
Prepare for an extended wait. It took 6 weeks for Vets uk to issue my notice from the award (Reconsideration) and equinity have up to 20 working days to place the sums into payment.

If you are awarded AFIP this can be up to 10 weeks (6weeks from them accepting the award and issuing to DWP) and a further 4 for the payment to be made.

Prepare for an extended wait. It took 6 weeks for Vets uk to issue my notice from the award (Reconsideration) and equinity have up to 20 working days to place the sums into payment.

If you are awarded AFIP this can be up to 10 weeks (6weeks from them accepting the award and issuing to DWP) and a further 4 for the payment to be made.
Hey Dani.

I’m at the stage of coming to the end of the 42 day challenge period. I won my tribunal and was wondering if the 6 week wait you had is from when you get your decision from the tribunal or is it another 6 weeks after your 42 day challenge period. Please help. Thanks.

Hey Dani.

I’m at the stage of coming to the end of the 42 day challenge period. I won my tribunal and was wondering if the 6 week wait you had is from when you get your decision from the tribunal or is it another 6 weeks after your 42 day challenge period. Please help. Thanks.
Evening fella,

it took over 7 weeks for my file to come back from policy before the notice was issued. Payments took the full 20 working days and AFIP back dated payments took 5 weeks post notice but only 2 weeks after receiving notice of the award.

It was frustrating at times having several payments but all have finally landed. Do expect the full timescales given Covid and the backlog of cases

Has anyone here ever been awarded a mental disorder Level 8 or 6 without having to go to tribunal please?Or is veterans UK putting those tariffs up there only to mislead the public?

The saving grace is AFIP like PIPS is backdated to the date of the recieved application so stick with it, I got an award of PIPS after my discharge mind you I had to go through appeal etc mandatory reconcideration and producing shed loads of evidence