AFCO question regarding Army/RAF.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Resmi, Jun 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quick question, may be a silly one and I apologise before hand if seen as one.

Regarding Infantry recruitment, would it be, not frowned upon as such, but seen in a bad light by the Army if I also applied for the RAF reg and visa versa?

Army is my first choice but I don't want to put all my eggs in the same basket as it were.

Thank you for any reply,

Resmi.

2. I'm pretty sure the entry requirements are similair enough as to mean that not getting into one will mean you won't get into the other and seeing as the Infantry has plenty of spaces to fill unlike some trades it's not like you need a backup incase you don't get an A grade at selection. On the other hand i'm sure the recruiters wouldn't be fussed if you did as long as you explained it to them and there can't be any harm in keeping doors open I suppose.

3. Remember both can see your application, its the same system.

Go and speak to both...if its an AFCO then you should be able to speak to both same day then make up your mind which you want to do...then my advice is concentrate on that one first. Ive seen a few applicants who have tried to go through different applications at the same time and its been confusing for them as both are totally different. Just go in and talk to RAF and Army seperately and follow your gut instincts.......but you have to be 100% committed once you start the application process.

4. I'll bow to someone who probably knows more than me and say go with the Irons advice! Who wants to be crab anyway? :)

5. For better terms and conditions, accommodation, fodder, totty and being treated like a grown up as you are generally more intelligent,....need I go on

6. You are talking about the British version of the RAF arent you............more intelligent...so where do you keep these ones????

7. Thank you for your replies much appreciated.

Iron was a shame to see you go down, we gave you Garner for a few months though!