AFCO Interview

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by DB2011, Jun 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have my AFCO interview next week. I have been preparing for a while as want to ensure I can go on and do my AOSB breifing ASAP. Any tips or advice are gratefully received.

2. I know it's not what you want to hear, but, you'll be fine.

It is not a hard interview by anymeans. It is there to ensure that you are not a complete retard who just wants to go bang bang with a gun.

Prepare as you would prepare for any other interview. Do your research, dress and present yourself well and answer honestly.

I would not worry.

3. Plenty of research, smartly dressed, be articulate with your answers, sell yourself ie...Cadets/Ten tors/ voluntary work/D of E/team sports, and mainly be confident and show the ACA why they should give you a chance and what you could bring to the Army as an officer. Have an idea of what you have done/want to do Educational wise and what you will do if things dont go to plan.
  4. Nice one. Grateful for advice. Does it sound vague if I don't specify which regiment I want to join?

I guess a few nerves are inherent as with any interview, but at 26 have to ensure my application is successfully completed as quickly as possible.

Thanks again.
  5. If your already 26 and just started the application you may be in for some bad news...upper age is just changing to 26.
  6. Yeah I know, the ACA is aware of this and they said I should be ok. The last time I spoke to them was in May.....?!?
  7. Speak to your ACA (Officer) who will let you know if the new changes affect you.
  8. Yeah will do.

I have ran through 'typical' interview question as advised on other sites;

What the role of an army officer is.
    Why I want to join the army.
    Info about regiments I am interested in.
    Info on NATO.
    Current army deployments.
    What I would bring to the army.
    Structure of the army.

Will go through all of this tonight etc and have a good interview tomorrow.

Although the only questions I have for ACA cover area's like adventure training, career development and I am able to ask them there and then for any feedback?

Cheers for advice all.