AFC Harrogate Swimming

During AFC Harrogate, how important is being able to swim? Additionally, is a backstroke acceptable?
you do a swim test in maybe the second week being there , if you fail that then you do remedial swimming almost everyday until you pass the test , the test is treading water for 2 minutes then swimming around hald the pool twice. Its easy dont worry just try your best

you do a swim test in maybe the second week being there , if you fail that then you do remedial swimming almost everyday until you pass the test , the test is treading water for 2 minutes then swimming around hald the pool twice. Its easy dont worry just try your best
Is any stroke acceptable?

breast is best as you can tread water at the same time, but front crawl still ok.
they are looking for confidence when in water not if you are an olympic swimmer.

Kaytemonn

Clanker
Hi all,

Does the swimming test require being able to jump in? I feel like I watched a video somewhere that you had to jump in off the side or off a platform?

Is non swimming an issue amongst new recruits?
I was a weak swimmer when I first signed up in 1976. I was taught to become a strong swimmer and I swore I would make sure my children were competent swimmers. When my kids were born, I had them in the swimming baths whilst they were still in nappies and continued throughout their growth. Both are now like bloody fish in the water.
I'll say this, it's all about confidence in the water. Get over your fears of water and you'll be sorted.

Out my my intake about 7 couldn’t swim. Well eventually they all passed the swimming test which was good. It’s a piss easy test

you don’t have to jump in the water for the test. There is a platform but it’s your choice if you junp in or not. Jump though don’t be a fanny

ugly

LE
Being able to swim is important, poor/lacking confidence/swimmers used to get a bit of mine tape tape to wear tied to the top of their life jacket. Being a strong swimmer means you may enjoy AT a lot more instead of being that one the staff always watch.
The army will teach you how to swim and survive its vital

Latest Threads