AFC Harrogate, got joining instructions and im off!

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by machine-ladder, Aug 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi again,

dont know if you all remember my last post about not recieving instructions well i rang them up and was told to come to the office so i did and i signed the oath got my number and got all sorted and picked my train tickets up and now im off on the 9th sept i cannot wait.

just thought id let u all no
  2. Best of luck, make the most of every opportunity that comes your way.
  3. Good luck to you and enjoy yourself. When you get that urge to DOAR which everyone get at some time grit your teeth and remember how sh*t it will be on the dole in civvy street and look at the money your earning for being at a college. My son says that the majority of lads in his platoon thought about leaving but a year on hes happy as hell and has a fair wedge of savings and £800+ a month going into his bank.

4. I never got my Army number when I took my oath, can I get it from my ACIO? I want to learn it before I get to Catterick.

And good luck mate, well done.
  5. Grats and good luck.
  6. Well done and good luck! My own son did a year at AFC Harrogate before he joined the regular Army. I hope you have a great time, you have made a wonderful choice.
  7. I just did my oath aswell and start on the 9th.. Cant wait ^^
  8. Good luck mate, got my JI's couple of day's ago, going 2 ACIO on the 3rd to do my oath, then going 2 Harrogate on the 9th
  9. Just got back from doing my oath :D Can't wait for the 9th now.
  10. You are doing the right thing.

You will get pi55ed off from time to time (every one does - in every job in the world) but remember, nothing worth anything in life is easy. You have far more in you than you think.

Every other day in this AFCO we have people trying to re-enlist - don't be one of those n088ers who bins it at the first hurdle and regrets it for the rest of their lives.

Good luck.
  11. I take my oath on monday! Cant wait. Only just 8 days to go.
  12. Just done my oath yesterday. Looking forward to going on the 9th :D

13. Good luck lads
    Wish i was going, got to wait till January, worth the wait though.
    Tell us how you get on.

14. Good luck everybody, enjoy :D
  15. Good luck u lot, my son has just passed out from there, he enjoyed it but the scoff is cat.