AFC Harrogate Chat & Queries

I asked my ACC and been told its just a turn up to event, is that right as others on here saying you need to be booked on?
It is 100% not a "just turn up to" event. You must be booked on so that AFC can plan on how many people are attending etc... You need to be booked on by your Army Recruitment contact/manager.

It is 100% not a "just turn up to" event. You must be booked on so that AFC can plan on how many people are attending etc... You need to be booked on by your Army Recruitment contact/manager.
That’s what I thought but that’s what my army recruitment manager said. I’ll see if I can ask someone else. Thanks

LozzaD

Crow
Anyone's children on Intake 57, this Septembers short course at Harrogate? My son got a call this week that a space had come up and so we now have a mad rush to get everything organised. I wondered if anyone else got kids joining and how they are coping with their imminent departure?

Anyone's children on Intake 57, this Septembers short course at Harrogate? My son got a call this week that a space had come up and so we now have a mad rush to get everything organised. I wondered if anyone else got kids joining and how they are coping with their imminent departure?
Hiya and congratulations to your son for getting through! My 16 year old son is going also on the short course but we have known since March. Kind of been a long wait. He is going to join Signals as a Comms Operator...what is your son doing? As for coping with his departure.... personally I am so looking forward to seeing the new improved version of him that I cannot wait!!! :D

My son is in 57 and goes in this Friday
Fairly all sorted just the last bits and Bob's and also trying to get him up off his arse.

That was what led me to amazon I just could not find one ,I could find lots of dishes but no box and if course theres all the spare stuff not to be used but for inspections only lol

My son is on intake 57 as well he’s joining to be a mechanic. I’m feeling very emotional but very proud :) kit all purchased he just needs to pack. Are your children taking a hold-all or a suitcase?

LozzaD

Crow
My son is on intake 57 as well he’s joining to be a mechanic. I’m feeling very emotional but very proud :) kit all purchased he just needs to pack. Are your children taking a hold-all or a suitcase?
Mine is taking a suitcase, and going to be a squeeze at that, with hangers and all the toiletries there isnt much room for any civvy clothes at all.

Mine wants to go into the reme.
We got him a big holdall/rucksack so he can slip it on and have hands free for his ironing board and bits.

Due to start training at Harrogate in the 22nd. I have heard that on weekends after the first six weeks all js have a 9pm curfew was wondering if this is true? Any feedback would be much appreciated, cheers

I'm applying to join Harrogate for the september 2020 intake.i cant do the official application online until December but I am going to their own day next month.

My question is what dates will I need to attend selection process before September 2020? Is there set dates where you go to interviews etc

The reason I ask is that my family are going to the usa for 8 weeks from june to august and I need to know if I can go with them or if I will have interviews/selection process during that time.

Thanks

Best advice I can give is give your local recruitment office a call and one of them will walk you through it all and the best way.
They were really helpful with my son who is there now.
All the best

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Povey Juniors 13
NCLRD123 Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 32
The_Unstoppable Juniors 11

Latest Threads