AFC Harrogate Chat & Queries

HM6657

Crow
When do you get your Army ID card (MOD90)?

Also, could anyone sum up what happens and what it's like etc - I am hopefully joining next year.

baby_g

Old-Salt
When do you get your Army ID card (MOD90)?

Also, could anyone sum up what happens and what it's like etc - I am hopefully joining next year.
The day of your graduation parade - the photo is taken in the first few weeks and then held by the clerks until we can be sure you won't lose it!

What it's like - it's like basic training just over 10 months and with added education and leadership training.
Just be sure to remind your loved ones before you leave that you've joined the army and not cadets or a youth club!

My son has passed selection and has been put on the reserve list to start in march do many people drop out as they say he will get a call and needs to be ready to go.

My son has passed selection and has been put on the reserve list to start in march do many people drop out as they say he will get a call and needs to be ready to go.
Not sure on how many drop out as a whole. From my platoon about 5 dropped out but about 2 weeks in people from reserves come to the platoons

MaroonMayhem

Swinger
Hi I’m joining AFC Harrogate in March after passing assessment centre. I’ll be doing the long course. I was wondering if anyone could give me a week by week break-down of the first 6 or show me where in which I can find it. I’m aware of the various other threads but most seem to be out of date.

Has everyone seen there is a new documentary coming out next week on Harrogate?

Channel 5, Raw Recruits.

Trailer is here:

Hi I’m joining AFC Harrogate in March after passing assessment centre. I’ll be doing the long course. I was wondering if anyone could give me a week by week break-down of the first 6 or show me where in which I can find it. I’m aware of the various other threads but most seem to be out of date.
Working 7 days a week. Mix of fitness, lots of weapon handling and navigation training. One 24 hour exercise. Lots of drill ready for Passing In Parade in Week 6 when you get to leave for your week of leave after that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Povey Juniors 13
NCLRD123 Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 32
The_Unstoppable Juniors 11

Latest Threads