Aerial photos anyone?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by oldcolt, Jan 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm on the beg: I'm looking to do a training lesson on aerial photography (how to convert aerial phots to tactically useful maps by scaling and gridding etc) and would like to get some good quality high res phots' of military training areas (including oblique shots if poss).

I've got some fairly useable stuff from Google earth but would really like to have the real thing to be able to demonstrate stereographic imagery and do a sh1t hot job, rather than just a good job.

As a follow up, if the CoC permits, I'm looking to build on this lesson by getting the unit to use the maps they have created when we next deploy to that area (so West of England areas would be best for us Okehampton, SENTA, Woodbury etc).

If you have some recent high res images you could send me please pm me, or, if someone could give me some pointers on where to ask on ArmyNet that would be great (I've tried a search but to no avail).
    Thanks in advance :)

2. Thanks for the prompt reply VM but I am looking for Mil' grade, high res' photos.

3. Thank you gents.....errrm ladies? Damn this anonimity :D