AEC's as examination centres?

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by Mr_Cid, Aug 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I am hoping to study A 2 level English Literature through a distance learning college, i already have the A/S so i should only have to do the 1 year A 2. However the college providing the course say i have to arrange my examination as an external student with a 6th form or college. I was just wondering if Army Education centres are registered as examination centres or if they can help me find my nearest centre that will accept external students. The awarding body for the course is AQA.

    I will of course pay a visit to my AEC to enquire, however I'm currently on leave and would like to enroll as soon as possible.

    Any help is appreciated cheers.
  2. Brotherton Lad

    Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

    There are no problems with you going to your local education centre to have them put down as the exam centre, as many are registered with exam and awarding bodies already, such as AQA.

    It is also worth speaking to the AEC first because you should be able to claim your SLC (up to £175 or 80% of the cost, whichever is the lower sum). You need to register with the SLC scheme first before you enrol with the distance learning college.
  3. I've had no porblems with using my local AEC as an exam centre for my degree. I have used all AEC or Torch centres for my 3 years worth of finals. They certainly didn't charge me and were really helpfull. The hardest part was getting my uni to agree to it.
  4. Yes you can, as long as the AEC is registered.

    Oh, the hours I spent "invigilating" in the JEC in the Falklands. Many a good book read.