ADVISE PLEASE

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by JCB1990, May 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi to everyone just joined this forum and looking for a little advise from anyone. My son who is just 17 is (was) training at ATR Bassingbourn. This morning he rang me up with the devestating news that he is to be discharged today on medical grounds. As a young boy he suffered from time to time with eczema. and last night after being out on some excersise for 4 days his condition flared up again so this morning he went along to see the medic who in no certain terms told him it was contagious and he would be discharged with immediate effect!!!! and added he has wasted over £7000 pounds of army money!! Ever since he was a child all he ever wanted to do was serve in the army. My question is "Is there any sort of appeal he do to get himself back in?" I spoke to the local Navy careers office before and they said bring him in on tuesday we will speak with him with a veiw to entering the navy. to say he is devestated is an understatement.

2. would probably be like trying to get a referee to overturn a penalty decision

3. having eczema in the army is a big no no....but then again he cud try for the navy and scrub some decks lmao

4. Surely they knew about your sons condition before he entered. So why is this guy ranting about a waste of money? Your best bet would be to get an appointment with a dermatologist and see what he can do.

5. Unless it wasn't declared. In which case, no wonder they're angry.