Advise on war pension appeal

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by Staylor2500, Jan 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a 80 percent pension since 1994 , and claimed unemployability suppliment. In 2008 I worked recreational hours and decided to try and go full time , informed the veterans agency and came off the suppliment , I started a business up that suited my hours and if I was I'll I could work around. After 18 months I went back into hospital , with the claimed disability as It was making me I'll , so I informed the veterans and reapplied for the suppliment of unemployability . Its very difficult to find a employer who will employ you with a tube in your stomach 24 hours a day, struggling to breathe. After waiting 50 weeks I had a letter saying that my illness does not stop me from working ............ This is a shock as I claimed it from 1994 till 2010 . There been no changes to me , illness or pension guidelines and it took a year to tell me this. I've appealed today and can any one tell me what the process is and how it works.and what the thought process is to contradict themselves previous. I live abroad and since I have no unemployability have to now pay private each month for medication and doctors that uses my whole pension up. I have no choice but to return to the uk.......

2. Thanks do they help if you are not in the UK

3. Not being UK based should not stop them helping. You obviously have Internet and email access so there is no reason why you can't get this sorted.

Good luck,

Shiny