Advise on PRAC.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by swansea84, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys Got my Prac soon. Any one got any tips for me. What to expect. What happens. I did get a List of what happens. But im expecting it to be diffrent as my ADSC list was.

Cheers.

2. Its alot harder then adsc,
    best thing for you to do is run cross country alot with lots of hills and practice a lot on sit ups and push ups.

3. Just passed selection and got my PRAC course coming up soon, was wondering if anyone knew anything about the steeplechase? any good web pages or links would be ideal as I cannot seem to find much on it.

Does anyone know if there a specific time you need to get on the course to pass PRAC. Any advice is great thanks!

4. It's a couple of miles in PT kit over obstacles and through water.

It is a thing of beauty, does not make your lungs bleed or inflate your meat.

5. I've heard a couple of specific times, 19 minutes, 20 minutes and 23 minutes. When I did it they didn't tell us our times, but a majority failed it.

Most of it is just jumping over fences and logs into water, running through mud etc. You do it once squadded then the second time round it's best effort.

6. Its a lung burster, if its the same as the p coy one.

Top tip I got was, work hard and get to the front of the pack at the start when your going across the field and through the vaults in the woods. The idea being that its easier to battle to the front at this stage of the event than it is towards the end when you're hooped and there are more obstacles. Also people bottle neck at some obstacles which will hold you back and cost you valuable time.

Might not work for everyone, but it did for me and I finished 9th out of 33. Which I was happy with.

7. Steeplechase is a beaut i love it, done it 3 times now, class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.