Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice

Hi everyone just hoping for some advice. I have a interview/ briefing with my local battery on Wednesday at 13.30 followed by a over the phone medical interview the following day. I have decided what I want to do and I’m hoping my current employers will be supportive as my manager was in the Army for 10 years however I’m struggling to convince my girlfriend that this is what I what I want to do. Has anyone else had a similar problem and how did you overcome it?

Are you looking to join a reserve regiment?

How are you struggling to convince her it’s what you want to do, either you want to join or not, or do you mean you want her approval?

F**k the silly bitch off. One life, one army reserve, so many women...

Alternatively, discuss it at length with her, and tell her you'll use your bounty to take her somewhere special every year and that you'll do no more than one evening per week, one weekend per month and 2 weeks in the year.

Mind you, if you're 35 and unable to adult, the army reserve may not be for you...

Hi everyone just hoping for some advice. I have a interview/ briefing with my local battery on Wednesday at 13.30 followed by a over the phone medical interview the following day. I have decided what I want to do and I’m hoping my current employers will be supportive as my manager was in the Army for 10 years however I’m struggling to convince my girlfriend that this is what I what I want to do. Has anyone else had a similar problem and how did you overcome it?

How invested are you in your relationship? Are you going to marry her?

Latest Threads