Advice

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Goliath1989, Oct 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guy's I know ill probably get hauled over the coals for this post
    But everyone deserves a second chance, a few years back I got caught
    With some drugs and ended up being arrested and charged. I was young and stupid and I regret my actions, I tryed to join the army but was told no after the army found out about my record, I have since started univesity and have joined the OTC. this time I have not declared my conviction, and have now started training, will the OTC find out about the conviction or is that me passed the scrutiny? I'm not sure if i should just leave before they find out or uf i should stay incase they do

2. they will find out eventually and probably kick you out, just cos you deceived them.

I'm surprised they didn't let you in for pocession tbh, was it with intent to supply by any chance?

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It's a student drinking club, I'm pretty sure having a good supply of Chang is a pre-requisite to joining.

4. Student drinking club you say,

Enjoy.

5. Goliath. March smartly into the Adjutants office. Throw your right arm up smartly ( I leave it to you to decide on the SA mode or the more normal OTC wave) and tell him what happened. Either you get asked to resign or you get a bollocking and "soldier on". My bet would be the latter. The OTC is home to quite a few youthful indiscretions.

6. Comes down to integrity, especially if your applying to become an officer, you are to set the standards that others are to follow. And yes, your past has a nasty way of returning and biting you on the arrse.

7. Ask your PSI.

Psst, you just got huffed, do not hassle the huff.

PICT0570.jpg

He'd take you down within a second.

8. I'm sure that's true, however did they lie on an application form? And what happened to integrity?

9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

No, actually. Nobody 'deserves' a second chance you ******* puff. Now **** off and smoke drugs. I have feral dogs to deal with and I cannot be doing with hippies.

Dale. Daleo... Dalesypoos. Dalesypoosypoodle my sweet pea... How can I put this? Jesus ******* Christ.

10. Bring it.

11. I'll do it, I am afraid of nuffink.

Would you like some James Blunt? Would you? Would you?

12. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Jesus ****.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'll see your Bay City Roller and raise,

14. I'd take the "fronting up and admitting it" piece as showing a bit of integrity ?

As for lying - thats a bit of a sore point. I have a copy of an officers CV for an OTC post which would make Jim Shortt proud. Sadly not discovered till he had been and gone, but full of utter Billy BS.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Never try to outdo me at shit songs.

You will always lose.

Take that ****** and party.