Discussion in 'RAC' started by futurebootie, May 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Posted this in the Advice for joining up sticky, (mods feel free to move) but incase noone looks there anymore..

Probably the wrong place but does anyone on here know where i can find out about Visual standards?
    To be honest i'd rather go for MBT Crewman than Bootneck but the eyesight might be a problem for either of those , I heard that you have to be legally blind not to be accepted but that might just be a rumour.
    So if possible i would prefer to take a writeup of acceptable Eyesight standards to the eye docter.

Also does the fact that Im a Saffa reduce my chances of getting into a RAC Reg?
    I would imagine that it does.. I have Dual SA/Brit Citizenship though.

Im also doing a Cambridge course which will give me a HIGCSE, the international equivilant of an HGCSE.

Cheers for any advice you guys can give me.
  2. Hey, I have no clue about your eye sight problem sorry but im also a Saffa and speaking guys from SA that have joined up no. However if two of you are going for promotion and the two of you are leadership ability, experience ect the British citizen will get preference, which is fair.

3. Yea that makes sense, thanks for replying.:)