Advice would be greatly appreciated in regards to females joining british army

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Chelsea20, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hiya,

My question first and foremost is , i have just re applied for the British Army, I gave birth to my daughter 6 weeks ago and am fully aware I have to wait 6 months before proceeding im just using it as time to get my fitness up.

But my question is, does anybody know of a female who has joined the regs, and has a young baby , luckilly i have my husband who will be looking after our daughter if i was to make it as far as training and beyond, but some people are calling me selfish others saying its amazing, joining the British Army is somthing i have wanted for well over 6 years and have previously applied 3 times but didnt make it for various reasons.

So some advice would be appreciated, IE; if anyone has been in my situation (woman with baby and husband), or a guy who has known of someone in my situation within the forces if you have any stories of how they or you got on I would love too hear them.

My recruiter thinks its great, my friends think its great, my husband isnt thrilled but is very supportive and understands why i need to do this and my familly are "discusted" so im quite confused however i know i have too do it, unless they tell me i cant so would just like some real life stories :)).

Hope too hear some responses V soon, Thank you for your time!!

Chelsea. X

2. I only hope you have a thick skin and are not easily offended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.