Advice would be greatly appreciated in regards to females joining british army

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Chelsea20, Jun 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiya,

My question first and foremost is , i have just re applied for the British Army, I gave birth to my daughter 6 weeks ago and am fully aware I have to wait 6 months before proceeding im just using it as time to get my fitness up.

But my question is, does anybody know of a female who has joined the regs, and has a young baby , luckilly i have my husband who will be looking after our daughter if i was to make it as far as training and beyond, but some people are calling me selfish others saying its amazing, joining the British Army is somthing i have wanted for well over 6 years and have previously applied 3 times but didnt make it for various reasons.

So some advice would be appreciated, IE; if anyone has been in my situation (woman with baby and husband), or a guy who has known of someone in my situation within the forces if you have any stories of how they or you got on I would love too hear them.

My recruiter thinks its great, my friends think its great, my husband isnt thrilled but is very supportive and understands why i need to do this and my familly are "discusted" so im quite confused however i know i have too do it, unless they tell me i cant so would just like some real life stories :)).

Hope too hear some responses V soon, Thank you for your time!!

Chelsea. X

2. I only hope you have a thick skin and are not easily offended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.