Advice Sought - MEDCAT For Insulin Dependant Diabetic

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Concerned_Guest, Feb 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst appreciating that I will need to approach the CoC officially, I was wondering if somebody could offer a bit of advice following PAP 10 being issued. I am an Insulin Dependant Diabetic, with a previous MEDCAT of P7HONNI under the old system. When I was medically boarded (in 2001) I was told by the board I could no longer engage in weapon handling or live firing (reason given being in case I had a Hypo). I have not been able to find anywhere that specifically directs that IDDM personal are not able to carry weapons, although accept the rationale behind it.

With the introduction of the APWT part of the P,L and S elements within the new PULHEEMS test, does this now mean I am in danger of being re-boarded as P8 and medically discharged.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. I don't think any of my insulin dependant diabetics have been stopped from handling weapons. I'll check on that tomorrow, and the grading you should receive.