Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by REMEWOTAJOKE, Apr 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. My wife (A German National) has told me she wants a divorce.I am due to complete my service in Sept. 2011 and will remain in Germany.We jointly own a property in Germany whch we have lived in since 2003.Can anyone give me advice on the following.
    1. My wife wants me to take on all the Marital Debt (Mortgage,car loan,credit card etc.)
    2. In return for this she will sign her half of the house over to me and instruct her soliciter to pursue a No or Minimal Maintenance Order for her & the 2 children.Is this allowed under German Family Law (Dusseldorfer Table etc..)
    3. She has informed me that she wants to go to the UK with the children and is seeking the Army's help in moving her.Is that possible?
    4. Would any maintenance order in place cease if she did move to the UK (Bearing in mind the Divorce is under German Law due to the property)
    5. If she then went to the CSA or whatever it is called now on her arrival in the UK is any assesment based on my UK income.Which will be my pension at the commutated rate (approx 9k a year until 55) and what would the likely level be?
    6. What pension sharing is she entitled to under German or English law.We married Nov 2002.
    Any help appreciated.
  2. BiscuitsAB

    BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

    I've got a spade and axe and some quick lime and a few days free in a couple of weeks if thats any good?