Advice required please

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by worried, Feb 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    Hope someone can help. am worried sick about my son. he has been in the army for the past year and he's been doing very well. he has passed his driving test and is now being trained to drive HGV.

This weekend he came home as usual parked the car at home and went out for the night. on saturday he went to a friends house, had 2 lagers and the whilst driving home he was pulled, breathalysed and charged. he has to go to court. seems that he was still over from the previous night and hadnt had much to eat during the day.

can anyone tell me what is likely to happen regarding his career. he cannot be more sorry for what has happened and is worried sick that his career is going to be over.

Any advice would be appreciated. thanks
  2. Is his role in the army driving centric. i.e. Is he an RLC driver or a Warrior Driver?

If not, his career will not be over, but depending on his unit, he may suffer slower promotion due to not being legally allowed to drive (therefore, for instance cannot command an AFV).

Standby to be banned and get an arrse chewing from CSM, OC and anybody else that feels dissappointed in him.