Advice Required - Immigration Tip Off

Discussion in 'Police, PMCs, Security' started by walkyrie, Sep 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. walkyrie

    walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

    Hi Guys.

    Apologies if posted in the wrong place, but I was hoping for some advice from the any serving Police on the forum.

    Essentially, my suspicions have been roused about a property that my flat overlooks. There appears to be 30/40 people living in the basement of a Chinese Takeaway/"Massage Club"/Cornershop (it changes every few weeks!) and given the situation I'm a bit concerned that there may be illegal immigrants living there/people trafficking etc.

    I'm not an immigrant or foreigned basher, but after an incident last night I'm genuinely concerned for their welfare.

    My question therefore is:
    Is it appropiate to make a tip-off to the relevant authorities? And if so whats the best route to do this.

    I have googled it and its pointing me towards phoning Crimestoppers, which doesn't strike me as the best way to go about it.

  2. Ravers

    Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    ''Massage club'' you say and where exactly is this place? Are the immigrants good looking?

    How much for a hand shandy?
  3. Are you just upset because they keep their curtains shut & you can't see anything?
  4. walkyrie

    walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

    I can't possibly comment - only because the "All Night Sauna" round the corner has a loyalty scheme...
    • Like Like x 3
  5. If you're concerned for their welfare then why not report the risk to the agency that normally deals with the particular situation?
  6. I would suggest that Crimestoppers is an excellent way to go; very discreet and action will result.
    • Like Like x 5
  7. If you are absolutely positive that the basement is being occupied by ethnic types, fire bomb it.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. walkyrie

    walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

    Would that be the UK Border Agency? Because they're who pointed me towards Crimestoppers. Unless I've completely misunderstood and you mean the council/social services?

    Never dealt with Crimestoppers before so I wasn't sure, but its very refreshing to hear that.
  9. copepod

    copepod Old-Salt Book Reviewer

  10. That's pretty much what I meant. You'd said the immigrant angle wasn't a concern, so why not look at the activity itself? Environmental Health, whoever it is regulates landlords down your way, Fire Brigade, etc.
  11. Why not just phone your local police station if you think a crime has/is being committed?
  12. Local Council if an environmental health/licensing/Noise/Planning permission issue.
  13. walkyrie

    walkyrie Old-Salt Book Reviewer

    Caught out.
    Also there were only two peas in my egg fried rice and I foung a pube in my Kung-Pow Chicken.

    But seriously, some good advice above. Cheers all.
  14. If there are indeed 30-40 people living there, then the local fire service is an option as the premises would be covered by the relevant fire precautions legislation.
    There may be more serious issues here but the fire service would have power of entry in order to investigate initially, any further matters they would then have to pass on to the other relevant agencies.