Advice requested- PPP deadline

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by armr617, Aug 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I ask on behalf of my 'better' half.
    she has just been selected for cpl on the recent board.
    Your corps are very organised, putting out a vacancy list with the board, wish my lot would!

The caveat seems to be, and I'll cut and paste from MS web,

All AMS CMT LCpl selected for promotion to Cpl in the promotion year are to submit a hard copy PPP, through the chain of command, to SO2 Sldrs Med Sp by NO LATER THAN 04 SEP 09. The list of vacancies is available via the attached link

FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THESE TIMINGS WILL RESULT IN INDIVIDUALS BEING ASSIGNED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE ARMY'S NEEDS (MS' BINDING PRINCIPLE)

Any recommendations what to do when the entire CoC in our unit is on leave until the 6th Sept- 2 days after the deadline. In fact the only reason she knows she was selected was because my boss showed me a copy of the board!
    the RCMO CSgt we saw (briefly, in civvies, leaving for UK) said just to fax a PPP direct to MCM.
    Now I can see the logic there, I can also see the look on the docs face when she gets the rocket from MCM as to why Mrs Armr617 has taken it upon herself to send her PPP in without any oversight.

Now much as I understand the need to get people in place and the needs of the army blah blah blah, we dont really want to be left with the sh**e that no one else wants. better to jump than be pushed!

so any (sensible) advice from the peeps on here?

2. I thought PPP was now done on JPA!

3. update jpa so mcm have sight of it, and do as yr rcmo suggests, fax it to them with a covering letter why coc has not completed

4. any news on when the board results are going to be out on Armynet.

Just intrested on who picked up, well more intrested on who didn't pick up.

Thanks