Advice ref: Posting changed

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Allsopp, Apr 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure where to put this?

Just asking some advice. I have recently been posted to Germany, which I had previously chosen. However, 'circumstances' at home (I won't go into detail) have changed, and I really, really need a posting within the U.K. I'm unsure as to how to approach this as I've only just started here.

I was thinking straight up the LOC from the bottom and if that fails, welfare?

Many thanks.
  2. depends on your circumstances??....

and what is LOC?
  3. Sorry, COC - Chain of command
  4. What is so important that you can't go to Germany? Your bird is addicted to Kebab? Or something less important?
  5. The circumstances would be enough to affect me performing my job properly.
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Hi Sandra. I was with Auntie Dulcie at the weekend. She is resigned to the fact that she will not see Christmas and says that all in all, she has had a good innings and mustnt grumble. She says she never liked you and does not wish to be kissed by you on her death bed. "Is there a root canal treatment option?" she said. How we giggled.

Whats a LOC then?
  7. Are you a fucking idiot, and carry a balloon on a stick? I cant think of another job that would be distracted with family life.
  8. I don't think the NAAFI was maybe the most advisable place for this query, my love. I think perhaps you'd be better off in your own regiment's forum? Or maybe General Military Issues? The NAAFI is incredibly carnivorous - nothing is closed to ridicule or, you know, general rapeage. A good thing, but only if everyone involved knows the rules, and judging by your post I suspect you may not have read them.

My own best suggestion would be what you have already said - speak to your COC and/or Welfare, but I'm only a civvy wife-of; I really don't know very much about this sort of thing.

Good luck, I hope you get what you're hoping for and I hope your circumstances improve.

9. How come a poster with a moniker like yours comes over all soppy and helpful?

You could, at least, have advised the OP on how to "reduce" the problem with a nice little arsenic cocktail...

This is the NAAFI, after all.

10. Lits!

You bloody spoilsport! Can't you let a girl play with her food a little before she eats it?

I'm always on hand to offer a little pharmaceutical advice. Or, as may be more appropriate in this case suggest the judicial application of a little known fungi called Ergot. Very popular with unmarried girls in Catholic areas of Ireland circa early fifties...

11. Go absent, head to Australia for a year, come back and then tell the press you went AWOL because you disagree with the British Army's involvement in Afghanistan.

Worked for that attention seeking prick whose name I forget.
  12. Naafi Bar....hahahah.....Newbies should learn where they are putting things....

Wipe your tears and jog on....

Here's forty shillings on the drum for those who volunteer to come
    To 'list and fight the foe today - Over the hills and far away

O'er the hills and o'er the main, Through Flanders Portugal and Spain
    King George commands and we obey - Over the hills and far away

When duty calls me I must go, to stand and face another foe
    But part of me will always stray - Over the Hills and far away

O'er the hills………….etc.

If I should fall to rise no more, as many comrades did before
    Then ask the fifes and drums to play - Over the hills and far away

O'er the hills ……….etc.

The fall in lads behind the drum. With colours blazing like the sun
    Along the road to come what may - Over the hills and far away

O'er the hills…………etc
  13. If you've got someone up the duff, a posting to Germany should be a very welcome excuse to leg it. That way you won't have to be around for 9 months of laziness.

On a serious note, you asked for the Germany posting. You're going to Germany. Alles klar?
  14. Dry your fuckiing eyes you shit cunt! Man up and do the job your fucking paid for. If you don't like it why should someone else get shoved there instead of you? It's the Army you fucking biff!
  15. Have a nice time in Germany, you big fucking baby.