Advice/Qualifications

Hi there everyone,

First of all I'd like to say "hi" to anyone viewing this thread as it's my first and I hope I won't break any rules :( For those of you that don't want to read my wall of text just look at the bottom of the OP!

Im looking for a bit of advice and information regarding necessary qualifications in REME. I currently have 7 A's and an A* at GCSE and taking English Literature, Politics, History and Law for AS and A level (I'll probably end up dropping one tho :cry: ) and have been projected to acheive A's and B's in them. Due to recent complications (I won't go into it) I probably won't be going to University. Long story short I chose the wrong A levels (pressured into choosing "Academic" ones rather than Technology and Science) so an Engineering Degree is pretty much out of the window (Goodbye applying as an Officer :) ) So the only experience I have from an engineering perspective is building/repairing friend's computers, fixing things (cameras, bicycles, anything that breaks) and maintaining my motorbike.

So I thought to myself; what choices do I have to get into REME? Answer: Regular.

SO THE BIG QUESTION IS:

Would I be able to later apply for a position as an Officer (which requires a Degree of some sort) after getting experience and qualifications after a career as a Regular?

Thank you for your time and effort in reading this post (I know I could've asked at a recruiting office but I thought this would be a better way to get to know people in the ARRSE :wink:)

Cheers

(Sorry if this shouldn't be in this area, I'm new here!)

Latest Threads