Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Kruntbar, Oct 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there everyone,

First of all I'd like to say "hi" to anyone viewing this thread as it's my first and I hope I won't break any rules :( For those of you that don't want to read my wall of text just look at the bottom of the OP!

Im looking for a bit of advice and information regarding necessary qualifications in REME. I currently have 7 A's and an A* at GCSE and taking English Literature, Politics, History and Law for AS and A level (I'll probably end up dropping one tho :cry: ) and have been projected to acheive A's and B's in them. Due to recent complications (I won't go into it) I probably won't be going to University. Long story short I chose the wrong A levels (pressured into choosing "Academic" ones rather than Technology and Science) so an Engineering Degree is pretty much out of the window (Goodbye applying as an Officer :) ) So the only experience I have from an engineering perspective is building/repairing friend's computers, fixing things (cameras, bicycles, anything that breaks) and maintaining my motorbike.

So I thought to myself; what choices do I have to get into REME? Answer: Regular.

Would I be able to later apply for a position as an Officer (which requires a Degree of some sort) after getting experience and qualifications after a career as a Regular?

Thank you for your time and effort in reading this post (I know I could've asked at a recruiting office but I thought this would be a better way to get to know people in the ARRSE :wink:)

(Sorry if this shouldn't be in this area, I'm new here!)
  2. Yes but only if you reach at least WO2, depending on what trade you choose this can take some time