Advice please

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by louis, Jul 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello guys,

im currently serving in the royal navy, but am looking to transfer over to the army i'm hoping to have a crack at getting in the parachute reg.

has anyone on here transferred services? and if so was it easy and how long did it take.

Before anyone says anything i have tried asking various people in the navy how to go about it but i am finding most of our admin bods unhelpful to say the least.

Many thanks.
  2. there was a fella on my selection who left the navy to join army. i think he said 8 months? not sure though?
  3. ok cheers mate.

******* hell thats along time.
  4. Wouldn't Marines be easier from an administrative point of view?
  5. With the advent of JPA I would assume that the transfer would be quite straight forward.

Stop laughing at the back!
  6. it would, but i want a clean break from anything to do with the navy, the thought of going into the marines and then getting drafted to a ship (which is a possibilty) would be terrible.
  7. Does you arrse hurt that much?!?!?!
  8. haha i was expecting something like that.

no its simply down to the fact the navy is a shambles, ive just spent 6 months sitting around hms nelson waiting to go out to afghanistan all be it in a clerical job only to have the date changed on 5 occasions and yesterday to have the draft shit canned due to some loser putting me in the wrong billet. And to be honest the navy is boring, very boring.
  9. Well good luck with your transfer!
  10. cheers
  11. Have you considered 148? They'll take anyone.
  12. 148? whats that?
  13. i want you all to apologise to soldier a for ruining this thread.

he has just passed phase one and offered to share his experiences with newbies and answer ANY questions they have. its his thread and he offered to help.

he didnt say all arrse members should help so why are you all getting vexed?
  14. what?