Advice Please

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by CharlieBubbles, Jul 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. As an ex career serviceman, are there any Ex Military specific institutions that help those who want to buy there home.

    I will explain further, my only income is the Forces pesion and a War Pensions, looking at the market TODAY, this limits my options, if I have any at all?

    It use to be that when you wanted to buy council property, you were able to get the percentage off for your service career, however FB J Prescott stoped the upper limits of this bringing it down to about 27%, as opposed to the full 60.

    And and ALL advice most welcome, if possible with telepone and email contacts.

    Very many thanks

  2. I looked into this when I first demobbed as I was in a similar situation as you - Unfortunately I couldn't find anyone who would help financially. Not too sure about the council house thing.