Advice please

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by croft1168, Nov 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

i am looking to join a TA unit.

I am 23 years of age i am a Police officer and am looking to do somehting more physically active and become fitter

I live between Hereford and Worcester

I do not really want to join RMP as i want to do something different to my daytime job.

Am i expecting too much by potentially joining the TA and balancing my commitment to the TA?

any advice would be great.

2. Find all your local units, see what you fancy, phone them up, go down and have a chat, decide which you like the best then join.

Nuff said.
  3. Hereford detachment of RMLY they are ex grunts so fitness should be high on their agenda and they recently joined RMLY, a CR2 regiment so a good variety of training available.
  4. Are you allowed to join the TA and be a copper at the same time then?
  5. thanks for the replies.

i was looking at the infantry unit @ hereford or 264/ 63 signals again at hereford.

Any advice on the above units?

Has anyone got any Plods in there units and how do they cope with the TA lifestyle.

6. Copper my arrse
  7. Polar, that is no way to speak to a guy who is asking a serious question.

This guy is a fatherless and seeks advice from normal people.
  8. A good friend of mine has a city job and is also a special police sergeant, and he finds the time to be a TA officer on top of everything else. That's a lot of commitment! How much time people are willing to commit varies a lot, but if you're motivated and don't mind changing shifts every now and again you should be fine.
  9. Plenty of other Police officers do, or have, balanced their Police work with the TA. Some even combine the 2 with studying for an OU degree!

Why not give it a go, and find out?
    (When I say 'it', I mean the TA, not the OU. :D )