Advice please

Well... im going to Catterick in 2 weeks, and can only do 8-9 press ups, i can run etc. all fine but press ups are my weak area i really struggle, am i completeley screwed?

Any help would be really usefull thanks :)

Have you tried holding your self in the "up" position for as long as you can?

Work on the rest of your upper body, awith everything else, the more you do, regulary, the better. ?

repeat pressups, every hour, on the hour, where possible, 5 at a time, you will start to improve. Then when you're finding them easy up the reps to 6, 7 etc.

Also try to do them slowly, and controlled, this will help your muscles dramatically, you little whimp ;)

I was advised to develop my technique by doing pressups with my feet on a Swiss Ball (aka Gym Ball). I promptly went out and bought one.

Really must get round to inflating it.....

Lol that must be scary. I used to be a pussy too ;) To put it blunty :O

But 3 years of PT (albeit CADET PT) and a bit of work got me doing 30 or so :)

P.S. I good little excercise is finger movement. Start flicking all those fingers out and tensing them in and you can feel it working those arms/ shoulders! Same with wriggling your fingers! Seriously i'm not piss taking lol cause I bet you're a whole lot fitter than me, it's part of my slacking and disorganised routine.

Don't worry, a swift kick to your testicles applied with encouragement in mind by Sgt Obidiah Hakeswill of the ITC will give you a surge of strength Hercules himself would be proud of.

8-9 press ups indeed!

If you're told to do 20 press-ups, lie on your back and press up (into the air). If your instructor has a problem with this, ask him which way he considers "up" to be.

You'll make lots of friends.

putteesinmyhands said:
If you're told to do 20 press-ups, lie on your back and press up (into the air). If your instructor has a problem with this, ask him which way he considers "up" to be.

You'll make lots of friends.
Tea + Laptop = Repair bill.

Drop and give me ten press ups will never happen lol, try drop n give me 40 lol.

RoyalEngineers said:

P.S. I good little excercise is finger movement. Start flicking all those fingers out and tensing them in and you can feel it working those arms/ shoulders! Same with wriggling your fingers! Seriously i'm not urine taking lol cause I bet you're a whole lot fitter than me, it's part of my slacking and disorganised routine.
Woah your nails. I wouldn't fcuk with you or you'd bench me into next year. So what your saying is you can't pass a BPFA/BFT/PFT/BFA WHATEVER the fcuk you want to call it - However your giving advice on phys.

Bad_Crow said:
RoyalEngineers said:

P.S. I good little excercise is finger movement. Start flicking all those fingers out and tensing them in and you can feel it working those arms/ shoulders! Same with wriggling your fingers! Seriously i'm not urine taking lol cause I bet you're a whole lot fitter than me, it's part of my slacking and disorganised routine.
Woah your nails. I wouldn't fcuk with you or you'd bench me into next year. So what your saying is you can't pass a BPFA/BFT/PFT/BFA WHATEVER the fcuk you want to call it - However your giving advice on phys.
Wow, you improved by 10 pressups each year for 3 years, next year you will be doing 40 :lol: :p ;)

lockedandloaded said:
How would they take it? would I have to do something else?
Don't think they would be very pleased. Train it's not that hard.
What kind of build are you?

Edited to say: I understand when you go to catterick you have to do a BFT type thing and there is a minimum requirement of pressups, I think.

I don't know just remember reading it somewhere.

Im 6'3 with broad shoulders, and I weigh 88kgs, just find press ups hard thats all, I do practice them every day mind, and I am better then when I started. Cheers for all the help :)

RoyalEngineers' signature said:
Warning - all comments and suggestions are based on what I have read or been told. I am a 16 year old boy who is not a Royal Engineer and has never served in the armed forces, but is keen to do so. I accept no responsibility for any problems arising out of people following my advice, which is well intentioned, but not based on any form of experience.

I also like to drink tea and eat crumpets, and sometimes I go for walks. The grass is much greener in my imagination
That is a brilliant sig line RoyalEngineers, there are a few others here who could do with displaying the same candour, and sense of humour.

Nice one!

Regards
T_T

Lockandloaded,

You've promised yourself a trip to Prague after you complete training ( an earlier post by you ).

Maybe you should go there first matey. You'll know how to do a press up after that. Hopefully..

Tartan_Terrier said:
RoyalEngineers' signature said:
Warning - all comments and suggestions are based on what I have read or been told. I am a 16 year old boy who is not a Royal Engineer and has never served in the armed forces, but is keen to do so. I accept no responsibility for any problems arising out of people following my advice, which is well intentioned, but not based on any form of experience.

I also like to drink tea and eat crumpets, and sometimes I go for walks. The grass is much greener in my imagination
That is a brilliant sig line RoyalEngineers, there are a few others here who could do with displaying the same candour, and sense of humour.

Nice one!

Regards
KB

Was thinking off putting that in my sig, infact I will!