Advice please!

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by cpunk, Sep 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

My 14 year old son has managed to trash the old Dell desktop I bequeathed to him and is thus in need of a new PC (just the working parts - monitor etc are all to hand). Does anyone have any recommendations for an off the shelf desktop PC on which he can do his homework and which will run games like Call of Duty but isn't going to put me in the poorhouse. I don't want to spend more than about £400 and preferably much less, but, as a Mac user, I know fcuk all about all this. Thanks.
  2. msr

msr LE

3. Checkout Dell,s site for factory re-furbs, returns, etc, sometimres bargains to be had.
  4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Well I have one of these going spare HP Pavilion Elite m9060n PC (GN584AA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office Products

Its the Doris' but since she has a new laptop she doesn't use it anymore. I'll need to connect it up and confirm the exact spec for you, but its about 18 months old and a decent machine, it was top spec at the time. It has a 19" LCD monitor as well if you want it.

For a small donation to Hols4Heros and the cost of postage you are welcome to it. Let me check on postage first too as I would have to send it from Holland, but I'm sure we can get in under 400 quid without too many problems.
  5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Shipping with DHL is about 200 euros, its around about 25KG and PC sized obviously, let me know what you think.