Advice please Legal/Medical

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by revmodes, Dec 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Some advice needed, i have a friend and family with a problem legal/medical, i am no expert and do not want to point them in the wrong direction with false hope.

    Basically "Tommy" was injured on exercise 6 years ago,(04) he suffered a triple fracture to his skull, as well as broken nose and jaw.
    After recovering from 8 weeks hospital and physical rehab, he rejoined his unit, no problems apart from severe head aches now and again and a permenant stiff neck, returned to normal duties, not medically down graded, regular check ups no real problems. Left the army two years later, having completed 12 yrs, underwent usual discharge drills. Over the last 10 months or so started having symptoms of dizziness, throwing up, short term memory loss and some loss of motor functions in one arm/hand. On investigation it was found that he had an area of skull bone which was pressing against his brain, this was directly under one of the fracture sites. Now sorted medically, can he "claim" for the effects of this injury after such a long period of time. He is not an ambulance chaser sort of bloke, but it would seem some one cocked up or missed this on his discharge ?
  2. The accident and injuries should be all on his MED Form whatever number it is. I would advise help from RBL. If he can prove that his present condition is linked to the accident then, yes, he may be able to claim from MOD. As said before, the RBL should be able to help your mate out.
  3. revmodes,

    Simple answer is Yes. He can claim, see Am i Eligible To Claim for details. Everyone I spoke to at the SPVA was helpful and they did not hang about dealing with my claim. The important thing is to have as much medical documentation to hand as possible.

  4. Thanks for the responses guys i will pass that on, as i said i did not want to come across as a barrack room lawyer to him or his family.
  5. Calling all friendly lawyers on arrse - we're in need of some advice please - call in at the blueforces forum under property!
  6. Negligent-Discharge

    Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

    For what it's worth I found SSAFA really good for advice when I cracked my nut. Try Home

    Oh, and they're crying out for ex-serving people to help. Even if it's just to visit an old bloke and listen to D-Day stories or sort out a widow's MOT and insurance documents.