Advice/opinions needed RE: body fat and BMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a start date for phase 1 soon and I measured myself today- 6ft 2 and 96kg so a BMI of 27 and a body fat % of 26. I’m not unfit but I’m no olympian, I have a 10:21, 1.5 mile run time and 50 press ups and 60 sit ups but I can run for at least 10 miles and I have completed an 8 mile, 15kg tab in 1 hour 45 as part of my preparation. Should I be worried about being slightly chubby or am I likely to lose a lot of fat during phase 1?

Thank you in advance and apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place

Nothing to worry about mate. You will emerge the other side of basic as a bronzed Adonis.

The Army has gyms, and gym queens within those gyms to make sure of it. Nothing to worry about. Well, at least not until they make you play "pays to be a winner", because it surely does :)

This is what my body looks like as it is hard to picture it from numbers
I wouldn't worry too much about it, but keep working on your running.

Also, don't post half-naked pictures of yourself on the internet, and learn to squeeze the toothpaste tube from the end, not the middle. You critter.

Nothing to worry about mate. You will emerge the other side of basic as a bronzed Adonis.

The Army has gyms, and gym queens within those gyms to make sure of it. Nothing to worry about. Well, at least not until they make you play "pays to be a winner", because it surely does :)
Thank you and yes I’m sure I’ll be sweating a lot, just don’t want to be the worst lad there

I wouldn't worry too much about it, but keep working on your running.

Also, don't post half-naked pictures of yourself on the internet, and learn to squeeze the toothpaste tube from the end, not the middle. You critter.
Okay thank you and I will do. As for the half naked pictures I had them on my phone for my page 3 application and I’ll see if that toothpaste method works better

I have a start date for phase 1 soon and I measured myself today- 6ft 2 and 96kg so a BMI of 27 and a body fat % of 26. I’m not unfit but I’m no olympian, I have a 10:21, 1.5 mile run time and 50 press ups and 60 sit ups but I can run for at least 10 miles and I have completed an 8 mile, 15kg tab in 1 hour 45 as part of my preparation. Should I be worried about being slightly chubby or am I likely to lose a lot of fat during phase 1?

Thank you in advance and apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place
You'll do grand. Don't laugh at the fat ones. Don't look down either, you'll get a nose bleed from up there!

Status
Not open for further replies.