• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Advice on trashing a laptop so it doesn't show...

Chaps

Some techie advice required. I may have to trash a laptop to gain a small measure of revenge on someone who is being a total cnut.

However, I want it to look like the laptop has just broken down naturally, as opposed to me smashing it with a large blunt object, dropping it in a bucket of water, putting superglue in the cd drive, frying the HDD in the microwave etc.

I have thought about screwing with the registry but a reformat and reinstall will get round that too easily.

The laptop should look fine but be irrepairable unless the owner is prepared to shell out to have it fixed.

Any suggestions as to the best way to carry out said sabotage?

Rodney2q

I was going to say Megger it, or 10 seconds in the microwave if money is tight, the microwave option may show screen damage, try a few seconds only, then try to boot it up. It should hopefully act all confused.

Apply large magnet to region of hard drive, it will be well fvcked.
But bear in mind it's probably criminal damage, so if you get caught, be prepared for the consequences.

Apply large magnet to region of hard drive, it will be well fvcked.
But bear in mind it's probably criminal damage, so if you get caught, be prepared for the consequences.
Oh I am....plausible deniability. Stand to attention, look straight over their head and deny everything...

It worked the last time I got charged.

Rodney2q

Open one of the bays (RAM, HD, etc) and tuck a tiny piece of wire wool somewhere inconspicuous up against one of the PCBs. Nice little electric fire on next boot that destroys the wool in the process.

Job jobbed.

Got a cress farm on the go at the mo whilst the boss is on leave. Just sprinkle the seeds all over/into the keyboard and slots, dust off the remainder and spray with an atomiser every couple of days, wipe dry. Intent is for them to germinate but not flower until after he's back and using it. has to be passive once he's back, see how we go.

Latest Threads