Advice on Strain and starting Phase 1 Training

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by kspooshus, Apr 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. due to start my phase 1 on Wednesday. I was playing a lil football last friday and took a nasty boot to the side of my shin and after about 10 minutes of walking/1 minute of running its very painful and is preventing my from being able to train.

I went to the docs and he is putting me in for an x-ray on tuesday but he doesnt think its any sort of bone problem, just a bruised muscle under my shin.

who do i contact to let them know if i can still attend....i can still run on it, its just super painful and i dont want to run the risk of further damaging it..

only thing is ive been waiting to start phase 1 for about a month and a half and cant financially cope with my starting date being put off any longer.

whats the best course of action to take? i was thinking of attending Phase 1 on wednesday if the x-ray didnt show anything.

this a good idea bearing in mind im sure they have physio's at catterick...ah i dont know...any help is appreciated.

2. turn up - and tell the instructors

get a letter from your GP (bit short notice) and tell the Doc when you get there. first few days shouldnt be too physical